Any Fish you regret?????

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Copperband Butterfly. They're docile, attractive fish but their dietary requirements aren't always straight forward and are so anti-aggressive that even fish making sudden movements seems to stress them out exacerbating the feeding issue further.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Copperband Butterfly. They're docile, attractive fish but their dietary requirements aren't always straight forward and are so anti-aggressive that even fish making sudden movements seems to stress them out exacerbating the feeding issue further.
I always look at these in the store because they are beautiful but their diet is the thing that always makes me not get one. Beautiful fish

OP
OP
R

reef guy 56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
R

reef guy 56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen copper bands that fight off tangs.
Prestige reef made a video on this. “Stop killing copper bands”
He said copper bands are hardy but picky eaters. Acroparo master and Coral farmer.

Last edited:

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomini tang. Just a big meanie with new additions. My first tang so I have nothing to compare it to but I believe he has also directly caused the deaths of a few fish
That's funny. My tomini is so peaceful and just swims figure 8's between the rockwork.

Only time it gets "aggressive" is when it turns too wide and goes into clown territory :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen copper bands that fight off tangs.
Prestige reef made a video on this. “Stop killing copper bands”
He said copper bands are hardy but picky eaters. Acroparo master and Coral farmer.
I wish that was the experience i had but it just wasn't... twice.
I'm not new to the hobby by any means (this year is my 40th year consecutively keeping an aquarium) and did use tricks that he advises, feeding masstick at first being the main one.
The unfortunate truth is that both times the fish showed up emaciated and lethargic. Adding a 2" fish to a busy tank with large tangs is the anecdote that made things extra challenging and without running a continuous QT i didn't have a place to give it time to adjust and eat at its own pace.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always look at these in the store because they are beautiful but their diet is the thing that always makes me not get one. Beautiful fish
I wouldn't be shy to try again but with the right circumstances.
QT for time to adjust and switch over to mysis, an SPS dominant system (as they can take a liking to LPS snacks) and i'd prefer to add it before larger aggressive fish.
Plenty of hobbyists make it work, it just wasn't a good fit in my system.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Except in a FOWLR, I would not keep a lemon peel angel....

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be shy to try again but with the right circumstances.
QT for time to adjust and switch over to mysis, an SPS dominant system (as they can take a liking to LPS snacks) and i'd prefer to add it before larger aggressive fish.
Plenty of hobbyists make it work, it just wasn't a good fit in my system.
Yeah my system is aggressive, would not be a good fit! I have a butterfly in there and he just ticks all the other fish off and gets chased a lot! Keep trying to get him out but the booger is quick! He seems to get a kick out of annoying all the other fish lol

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six line wrasse. I haven’t owned one in over a decade and will never have another. These are little monsters filled with the anger and hatred of a thousand burning suns.

Once they turn to the dark side, buckle up, because they’ll bully even the largest bully tangs into submission and kill for sport.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six line wrasse. I haven’t owned one in over a decade and will never have another. These are little monsters filled with the anger and hatred of a thousand burning suns.

Once they turn to the dark side, buckle up, because they’ll bully even the largest bully tangs into submission and kill for sport.
Really??? I want one for my aggressive tank (would be the smallest fish) but havnt gotten one cause people say this all the time and Im worried about my fang tooth eel eating it! I love the way they look, thats the biggest draw for me

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back