Any Fish you regret?????

TienDC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one have experience with Neon Dottyback? It is super active and aggressive. My Flasher wrasse now hiding a lot of time.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about carpet annuities?

i dun know whats the rate of return on it, and is there a term period of a gaurentee min payout?
(sarcasm) lol...

I think i can count with one hand the people that didn't kill off carpets, i hear they are on the other side of BTA in difficulty.

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely coral beauty. Killed my Blotchy, Midas Blenny, and almost a royal gramma. Gave the CB away. Beautiful fish but absolutely horrible demeanor

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one have experience with Neon Dottyback? It is super active and aggressive. My Flasher wrasse now hiding a lot of time.
Yeah they're jerks. Mine isn't a problem but his tank mates are a six line wrasse and a mated pair of adult clowns so nobody takes his ****.

But I see everyone in this thread listing out all the fish I currently have in the big tank... sometimes the aggressive fish is less of a problem when there's other aggressive fish fighting back. Or maybe I got lucky and got the friendliest orchid dottyback alive?

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a video which says your diamond goby can also be a total jerk.

This is a total A Hole move... funny but real A Hole...

Ok that made my Saturday! I miss my Diamond Goby(s). That's because my Whitetail Bristletooth Tang can be an ******. He harassed 3 Diamond Gobies to death - 2 jumped (1 while cleaning the tank and 1 where I forgot to replace the feeding cover). The 3rd DG was a bigger one - I thought he'd be able to defend himself better - put him in after lights out, hoping he'd find a hiding place, he was dead in the morning. The Tang will pick algae out of the gravel and I think he views the DG's as competition.

For the price that the Whitetails are going for now, if I could catch him (I've tried), I'd trade him in for a few other fish. Really thought I wanted a Tang when I started the tank - not so much anymore. However, my One-Spot Foxface, who shadows the Tang all of the time, is a model citizen.

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one day I had to take my tank apart to take one of this little devil out, he was bullying everyone
1000084692.jpg

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten 2 6 line wrasse, and never had a problem. In fact the one I have now, seems to be at the bottom of the pack.

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

robertjules1981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Koran Angel, almost killed a gem tang I got. No previous nibbles at my other LPS corals then ate half of a 6 inch $800 acantho from the middle mouth out to the edge… he’s now in the sump after multiple different fish traps.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back