Any Thoughts On The Klir Filter?

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone interested in a used one? Was only on tank for a total of 4 weeks.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much and how come you’re selling?
175 shipped. It will not have any fleece. It worked great and I had no issues with it working but I'm planning a new sump and will either go with the 7" version if it ever releases or the clarisea.

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
175 shipped. It will not have any fleece. It worked great and I had no issues with it working but I'm planning a new sump and will either go with the 7" version if it ever releases or the clarisea.
I spoke with Carlos this morning and the tentative release for the 7inch is the end of January and it will be coming stock will all of the adjustments and positive chnages that the 4 has already received.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with Carlos this morning and the tentative release for the 7inch is the end of January and it will be coming stock will all of the adjustments and positive chnages that the 4 has already received.

Now I just need to sell the 4"

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Advance Acrylic make me a custom sump that would support the Klir and whom I also ordered from them, and began the dry fitting for installation to replace my existing sump inside my tank.

klir1.jpeg
Based on the issues from some of the users on reef2reef :), I thought I should dry test mine and what I observed is that both of my units bind before even getting them wet. I emailed Support on the issue, and stated can supply video of the issues. Both of my new units bind to the point the fleece stops moving freely for a second and then suddenly releases (Jumps) letting go of the fleece roll.

With some troubleshooting I was able to determine the binding was coming from the bottom unit but was binding on the top portion of the unit.

If I remove the Optical sensor the binding almost stops, and if I remove both the optical sensor and the silicone guides the fleece rolls smoothly through the unit, no binding, pulling evenly and smoothly through the unit.

With the Optical Sensor removed I also observed the fleece roll is visible within the optical sensor opening.

I did some additional testing, and it seems if I raise the Fleece roll up the binding stops, but I am still running test to determine if this is 100% factual.

My 3d printer is now crafting a new inner roller for the Fleece Roll that is 1/32" smaller then the diameter of the fleece roll received(and the size of replacement rollers), I noticed the existing one they supply is loose within the fleece roll. I think this will set better inside the unit, raise it up and will make sure the fleece roll stays even on the roller, a theory but thought I would try :)

I did not expect to see binding right out of the box, but was wondering has anyone else had their unit bind out of the box.

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 running on my 525xl.
I'm assuming its normal for the new fleece roll sitting in the klir to be absolutely soaked a day later. The material is like a sponge and absorbs everything.
Mine has snagged once on the bottom roller so far.
They need to put a slit in used roller so you dont have to tape it. Bad design.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 running on my 525xl.
I'm assuming its normal for the new fleece roll sitting in the klir to be absolutely soaked a day later. The material is like a sponge and absorbs everything.
Mine has snagged once on the bottom roller so far.
They need to put a slit in used roller so you dont have to tape it. Bad design.

I suggested that. That's an easy one for them to do as it's on the consumable. It would make threading the roller much easier, more consistent and better centered on the roller. I hope they introduce that mod in the near future.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not sure if I'm setting mine up or not. NO instructions, don't even know where the parts especially silicone guides go. Not spending $200 to become aggravated.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The silicone air vents go in the holes in the bottom section. There is a video to watch. Its pretty striaghtforward. Thread the fleece and plug everything in. The lens on the sensor should be mounted with the bevel vertical and when the klir is in place, sensor should be away from the drain so its not getting all the turbulent water which will trigger the sensor more frequently.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Actually just watched video and think I figured it out. will try to place in sump as mine has fancy cutout by Synergy Reef

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Appears to be running now. Will know the next few hours

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just replaced my 2nd roll after 2 months , I just miss my filter socks so much lol

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy to report that I'm 20 days into my current roll with the new base. No issues to report so far, running smoothly and I probably have another 20 to go.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cant tell if mine is moving the roll but I can assume so.

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine to finally work with my 250 red [emoji305] sea. Had to use a Tunze float magnet system to hold optical eye in the sump sock area. Works like a charm. Going through one roll every month with a heavy bioload.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m going to get one of these so I can use an optical sensor with my controller. It will have the nice benefit of replacing my float switches with sensors as well.

https://printed3d.parts/product/soss/

Now I need to figure out how to directly control the motor. Do you think it could be wired directly to the power supply?

I’m looking forward to gaining insight to how often its triggering and being able to adjust with more time or having my controller advance a full length after some maintenance lets say.

If I could figure out someway to log the usage, I’d be able to tell how many feet have been used and how much is left in the spool.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back