SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
53A4C557-AA70-4097-9F48-9F8EBE87B08B.jpeg
B5432C9A-589B-42E5-B4A3-C190D0D7DB10.jpeg

less than 24 hours after ordering!! Two of my best friends. Prayers have been answered!!!!

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those crabs really deserve a tank of their own, they're just too cool. I almost bit the bullet and bought one when he had them up for sale - but I only bought the sponge crabs and some other things he had. I almost considered selling/trading all my zoas to keep one lol

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read some people who kept them that said they didn't touch their non-paly/zoa corals. One guy had a tank with softies like xenias and the like and he said it only ate the palys he threw in the tank as treats. I'd say its a buy at your own risk kind of thing.

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading through this thinking I was about to make your day! Then I see you already found them with John. haha They are pretty. I wanted one when I saw them but I just intentionally added 11 different zoas.

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SeaDweller - how are those crabs doing for you? I'm on the waiting list to get some, both at KP Aquatics and ReefCleaners. Been trying to get rid of my plague palys for years. I'm hoping these will do it for me.

I think you said you bought two, how big is your tank?

OP
OP
SeaDweller

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SeaDweller - how are those crabs doing for you? I'm on the waiting list to get some, both at KP Aquatics and ReefCleaners. Been trying to get rid of my plague palys for years. I'm hoping these will do it for me.

I think you said you bought two, how big is your tank?
I haven't seen them since I put them in . I think they're dead tbh, I 've been using Kalk, my tank is 240

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that's unfortunate. I was hoping to score a couple of these to take care of my issue. These pesky things survived a summer out of water sitting on my deck in sunshine. I'm so sorry I put those rocks back in my tank. And I'm sorry I didn't take care of them one at a time once they started to crop up again. I was too lazy then and now they are out of control. They are on two or three rocks that I can probably get out of the reef if I take it apart, but the bigger issue is they are concentrated on the wall of the overflow, there are hundreds of them. Ugh.

OP
OP
SeaDweller

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen my pair ever since I added them to the tank, so needless to say I thought/think they're dead. However, just yesterday, I noticed a huge patch of palys that I always see staring at my face (about 10+ palys), in the corner of my tank...gone.

I'm hoping that means they're alive and finally doing what I want them to do. If not, enter Mr. Regal angel who's in QT.

OP
OP
SeaDweller

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they exist!!! I saw the gaudy clowns yesterday! Couldn't snap a pic in time, but out during the day!

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great. How is your paly population?

I'm still trying to get a couple of these but no luck finding them available yet. Just missed out on one at ReefCleaners.

OP
OP
SeaDweller

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great. How is your paly population?

I'm still trying to get a couple of these but no luck finding them available yet. Just missed out on one at ReefCleaners.
tbh, still healthy, but some spots are def cleaned up. I'm just super happy they're in there. I don't know if they're eating them exclusively, but I would have thought they'd be all devoured by now.

tercel94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tbh, still healthy, but some spots are def cleaned up. I'm just super happy they're in there. I don't know if they're eating them exclusively, but I would have thought they'd be all devoured by now.
Sorry to revive this thread, but how are the crabs doing. Did they did the job?
thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back