Apogee Par Meter and Radion XR15 Calibration Does anyone have any experience setting up this device.

chinkle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience setting up this device.? I have the Apogee SQ-420X and 2 Radion XR15 Pro's. Getting really low readings out of the box and they suggest calibrating to the lights being used. You need the light values to calibrate and can't really find anything in the Radion specs. I have a mixed tank and currently running the LPS/Soft template but think I need to be running another template.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience setting up this device.? I have the Apogee SQ-420X and 2 Radion XR15 Pro's. Getting really low readings out of the box and they suggest calibrating to the lights being used. You need the light values to calibrate and can't really find anything in the Radion specs. I have a mixed tank and currently running the LPS/Soft template but think I need to be running another template.
Par is very low in these lights! Try the ab+ schedule for highest par.. it’s still gonna be low but can grow pretty much anything under it..

OP
OP
chinkle

chinkle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Thats what I was thinking-love validation. I read in the Apogee manual that the factory set up is tuned for T5's and AB+ mimics T5's so makes good sense to me plus the advantage of not having to calibrate this device.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to give about the same answer as @Troylee gave but Lee beat me to it. He’s pretty quick on the draw!

In an unrelated comment; I like the quote you have and am also a Jordan Peterson fan!

OP
OP
chinkle

chinkle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to give about the same answer as @Troylee gave but Lee beat me to it. He’s pretty quick on the draw!

In an unrelated comment; I like the quote you have and am also a Jordan Peterson fan!
Got that quote after watching a UT Commencement speech by Col. William McKaven ex navy seal. I have attached a link. Best commencement speech I have ever heard/seen. I would recommend watching the whole thing.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got that quote after watching a UT Commencement speech by Col. William McKaven ex navy seal. I have attached a link. Best commencement speech I have ever heard/seen. I would recommend watching the whole thing.

That’s a good one and I’ve seen it before too. Jordan Peterson speaks to “clean your room.” Both along the same line of personal responsibility.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back