• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aqua SD Customer Service

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
Manpeckz

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re disgruntled about eating a new shipping charge because it wouldn’t be a replacement, either don’t run a sale or raise your minimum.

I hope you have a good week too? Weird

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations nana, I’m glad you had a good experience.

I won’t take someone questioning my integrity and trying to embarrass me lightly. You can do that if you wish
I don’t think the snark response was necessary. I was trying to be encouraging.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I remember that call!
Hope you are doing well and as I mentioned before, that area is beautiful and I would still trade those views for overnight shipping any day :p
It’s a fair trade for sure!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re describing a very different experience than anyone I know has ever had with these guys.
They called me to tell me they held my order because UPS didn’t want to do an overnight to the sticks of north Georgia. Told me exactly what time it would be shipped to try to minimize transit time, and how I should handle the corals because of the extra shipping time. Everything got here, opened as the bags were floating for temp acclimation and stayed that way.
I know other people who always order from them and haven’t had issues. Hope you guys get it figured out.
Seconded. I’ve had 2 orders in the past that had a “dead before shipping” and was very happy with the customer service. Both times I was told to go ahead and select something else of equivalent value on the website. Both replacements(Acan colony and torch) came quickly with no fuss.

OP
OP
Manpeckz

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough, glad you’ve all had a good experience.

Best of luck in the future, to all. This is where I permanently leave this thread.

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not aiming to take a side, but I do find it weird that the only pictures of the coral in dispute are both from the same side angle that could, in theory, be hiding the second head on the other side.

Why not present a picture from above for a clear and fair comparison to the shop photo?

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re describing a very different experience than anyone I know has ever had with these guys.
They called me to tell me they held my order because UPS didn’t want to do an overnight to the sticks of north Georgia. Told me exactly what time it would be shipped to try to minimize transit time, and how I should handle the corals because of the extra shipping time. Everything got here, opened as the bags were floating for temp acclimation and stayed that way.
I know other people who always order from them and haven’t had issues. Hope you guys get it figured out.
Really? ASD is one of the worst out there in terms of reputation over the years.
There’s hundreds of threads like this one or where people have had their tanks wiped out by numerous types of pests.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? ASD is one of the worst out there in terms of reputation over the years.
There’s hundreds of threads like this one or where people have had their tanks wiped out by numerous types of pests.
I can only comment on my experience and experiences of people I know. Even people who have had issues with an order seem to report it’s been handled to their satisfaction in the cases I’ve been aware of. If you had a similar experience to the OP, I hope things worked out well for you.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only comment on my experience and experiences of people I know. Even people who have had issues with an order seem to report it’s been handled to their satisfaction in the cases I’ve been aware of. If you had a similar experience to the OP, I hope things worked out well for you.
No after seeing my friends tank wiped out from AEFW years ago after an order from them I would never let my worse enemy order from them.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No after seeing my friends tank wiped out from AEFW years ago after an order from them I would never let my worse enemy order from them.
Well we’ll just hope that doesn’t happen to anyone else we know. My experience has been MY experience, some have had the same experience, others have had different ones as with most cases in life. There is no point of argument. My favorite color being blue doesn’t make it impossible for someone to like green. The OP has abandoned the thread. There’s little point in your continuing to address your bad experiences directly to me.

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey there. Sorry to hear about those issues that have happened in the past.
We are constantly progressing our operations to help better the health of our corals and to make shipping as issue free as possible.

I am sure we all know that sometimes issues do arise but we are quick to remedy any and all issues.
We have a very strict dipping regiment as well as much larger quarantine systems in our new facility we moved back into in November. Even though I have the ability to visually see the employees dip a coral I personally have my eye on I will still take it home and dip / quarantine before adding it to my established reef tank.

Sorry you feel so negatively towards us but I can promise you that any issues that have happened in the past we have certainly used it as a lesson on what to do better in the future.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back