*R2R LIVE SALE* Aqua SD 17th Year Anniversary Live Sale! Games, Prizes, Deals, Freebies! Join us Saturday 4/20/24 & Sunday 4/21/24!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine’s a month old tho. I decided to err on the side of at least some caution. Lol
Yes. That is good. I'm just saying I have put a lot of coral in at one time. I think the first time I bought corals for my tank thay size I put about 15 in but my tank was probably 4 months old. Hard to remember now. You should be fine just watch your alk and calcium and phosphates.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, once should be fine. Your post about how much is adding too much at once, I've added about 15 acros at once to a 32 gallon. You have to test to adjust for alk consumption, but the ones you got should be fine. Zoas won't consume elements in the same fashion to affect your parameters that much (assuming you didn't buy a colony), acans are slow growers and chalice depending on type can be too.
I did put some level of thought into it and try not to buy too many that would deplete everything too quickly. I just could not say no to that hammer tho, but did resist maxi minis cuz I figured my little gobies would be nem food….
But I think I have identified a problem. I am addicted to micromusa and favia and chalices. And maybe a few other things.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. That is good. I'm just saying I have put a lot of coral in at one time. I think the first time I bought corals for my tank thay size I put about 15 in but my tank was probably 4 months old. Hard to remember now. You should be fine just watch your alk and calcium and phosphates.
Will do! Probably obsessively. Lol

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe the foxface that was eating my RFAs was munching on em too,:thinking-face: he was rehomed earlier today..

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe. I have three, one in my 10g started receding, I think a peppermint shrimp was harassing it.
oh no! might be time to move the shrimp to the sump lol
ive heard of some people swear their peppermint shrimp eat their coral but i have yet to witness it myself.
only time ive seen mine on coral is when i spot feed, but other than that they are always hiding.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
oh no! might be time to move the shrimp to the sump lol
ive heard of some people swear their peppermint shrimp eat their coral but i have yet to witness it myself.
only time ive seen mine on coral is when i spot feed, but other than that they are always hiding.
Well I've had a new resident peppermint and since then I've lost two hammers and my Duncan was going downhill. Suspect number one is the peppermint as everything else is doing good and the parameters are "spot on" as everyone calls it.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've had a new resident peppermint and since then I've lost two hammers and my Duncan was going downhill. Suspect number one is the peppermint as everything else is doing good and the parameters are "spot on" as everyone calls it.
oh yeaah he guilty i bet! all fingers point at him from the little bit you just said lol
i wouldnt wait any longer to move it but thats just me.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 in a 30gallon trying to get them to eat up some aptasia. Once the aptasia is gone they're getting moved bc I know they'll go hungry and start on corals.

Travis Warren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GRAND PRIZE WINNER – Ultra Premium Goni/Alve Pack - miclm

Prize 2 – Ultra Rock Flower Nem Pack - qessnce

Prize 3 – Ultra SPS Pack - travisjw_warren

Prize 4 – Ultra Chalice Pack - j.creasy

Cogratulations you guys! Your winnings will be included in your box!

Congrats Celebrate GIF by Sesame Street
Well Done Reaction GIF by Aardman Animations
Sport Win GIF by Holler Studios
Congratulations Congrats GIF by The Yetee
Happy Great Job GIF by Créu Cat
Thanks, AquaSD. This is first time I have won a raffle since I been Reefing. 7 years ago. I appreciate and will see you guys next week!!!

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second live sale this month I didn't buy a thing. Not sure what's wrong with me. Is it me.....
Same, it’s hard when you have a full tank and a limited budget. I needed the right coral/nems at the right price and it didn’t happen. Maybe there will be an after sale…

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back