Aquarium Engineering ACR

Adamtran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys/gals, just need a little advice. Have a local with an acr but its the older unit wanting to trade for some coral. Seems like a really good deal on my part. Question is, are these units as liable as the newer version?

received_199935594662354.jpeg received_2625705301034605.jpeg

eaglalbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys/gals, just need a little advice. Have a local with an acr but its the older unit wanting to trade for some coral. Seems like a really good deal on my part. Question is, are these units as liable as the newer version?

I have a new one mine so far is running great.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a new one as well and runs great. And Bill Wann is a stand up guy who will support his product for life. Not always the easiest to reach however and sometimes turnaround of replacement parts can take some time, so you'll want a backup plan. But I think you can rest assured it will work and if it breaks, it will get fixed.

mcgaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acr has been shipped now, does anyone have advice to follow when setting it up? Thanks

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acr has been shipped now, does anyone have advice to follow when setting it up? Thanks
Join the ACR Facebook group. Bill wrote a setup guide that is attached there. It looks a tad imposing at first but is really quite simple.

One tip tho:
The manifold housing that connects the pump to the reactor is not bulletproof. Mine leaked at startup then I broke the pump flange trying to tighten it down.

And if you have not already procured your media, hop on it. Two Little Fishies Reborn is very difficult to source. It sells out within ours of being restocked. Might be getting better nowadays.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hopefully someone else around here can advise. I can only say that Bill iterates changes into these things with ferocious frequency. Makes my head spin.

mcgaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Join the ACR Facebook group. Bill wrote a setup guide that is attached there. It looks a tad imposing at first but is really quite simple.

One tip tho:
The manifold housing that connects the pump to the reactor is not bulletproof. Mine leaked at startup then I broke the pump flange trying to tighten it down.

And if you have not already procured your media, hop on it. Two Little Fishies Reborn is very difficult to source. It sells out within ours of being restocked. Might be getting better nowadays.
Hi, I’m already a member of that group on Facebook. Tried getting tlf reborn but I can’t get it anywhere. Going to have to arm media I think which sucks

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m already a member of that group on Facebook. Tried getting tlf reborn but I can’t get it anywhere. Going to have to arm media I think which sucks
Wait! Well go ahead you can get some of that but this is the substitute for Reborn. It is as good as the currently shipping Reborn (IMO) but maybe not as good as the old Reborn. Just sort out some of the shells. Better than ARM although I run some of that also.

mcgaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait! Well go ahead you can get some of that but this is the substitute for Reborn. It is as good as the currently shipping Reborn (IMO) but maybe not as good as the old Reborn. Just sort out some of the shells. Better than ARM although I run some of that also.

Can’t seem to get that stuff in the uk. Is in the uk always get the rubbish

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 43 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.6%
Back