OP
OP
A

Adeesh Yuvaraja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That works out to be a bit shy of 15,000 US gallons. Unless it is a round tank, that would not be enough space for a pair of adult blacktips. They reach about 50" in captivity.

Jay
Hi, thank you for the advice!, it'll be a like a long oval with wave makers in the corner, if needed i can increase the size a bit more, what would you reccomend? And ive also made arrangment with a local public aquarium to rehouse the sharks when they're a bit too large and they'll give me smaller ones in exchange. Will that work?

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your intent may be for black tip, but don't forget about the bonnet head shark. Distant cousin of the hammer head that only gets up to about 4 feet. But beware, they are jumpers too, along with the spinner shark.

OP
OP
A

Adeesh Yuvaraja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your intent may be for black tip, but don't forget about the bonnet head shark. Distant cousin of the hammer head that only gets up to about 4 feet. But beware, they are jumpers too, along with the spinner shark.
I love the bonnet heads and ill be covering the top of the aquarium! So jumping is not an issue but its very difficult to get one of them here, u can actually rescue other hammerhead species but they're just gonna be too big, ill rather rescue it and give it to a bigger aquarium, give it to a marine institue or just leave it in the sea.

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before he was thrown in jail for ever and ever, R Kelly had a shark tank in his Olympia Fields house that I took care of. I can’t remember the exact volume, but I feel like it was around 7k gallons. It was 20+ ft long with bullet ends, and contained two black-tips.

It was a pretty standard set-up for the time…big skimmers, lot of mechanical and chemical filtration, UV, sand filter, etc.

Overall, the sharks were healthy, but I would describe them as largely unenthused about life. They were about 2’ long when they went in. I stopped working for him after a while, so I have no idea what ended up happening to the sharks once they got big. Knowing how big of a crap-bag he is, he probably had somebody throw them into the Calumet River.

OP
OP
A

Adeesh Yuvaraja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before he was thrown in jail for ever and ever, R Kelly had a shark tank in his Olympia Fields house that I took care of. I can’t remember the exact volume, but I feel like it was around 7k gallons. It was 20+ ft long with bullet ends, and contained two black-tips.

It was a pretty standard set-up for the time…big skimmers, lot of mechanical and chemical filtration, UV, sand filter, etc.

Overall, the sharks were healthy, but I would describe them as largely unenthused about life. They were about 2’ long when they went in. I stopped working for him after a while, so I have no idea what ended up happening to the sharks once they got big. Knowing how big of a crap-bag he is, he probably had somebody throw them into the Calumet River.
Ohh but 7k gallons seems a tad too small doesn't it, ig once the sharks grew a bit more they would have struggled but i hope someone rescued it later or sm and aren't hopefully thrown out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back