AskBRS FB locking comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone noticed if you criticize WWC in the AskBRS group the comments get locked? Someone recently posted a pic of a frag plug from WWC with an apitasia on it and after a few posts the comments were turned off. If you have a negative experience with WWC you should be able to discuss this with people so everyone knows what to lookout for.

wareagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone noticed if you criticize WWC in the AskBRS group the comments get locked? Someone recently posted a pic of a frag plug from WWC with an apitasia on it and after a few posts the comments were turned off. If you have a negative experience with WWC you should be able to discuss this with people so everyone knows what to lookout for.
This is why forums are all but dead and FB, YT, and instagram are gaining popularity. Social media platforms let them censor and control the image that the customer can see.

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a message from them on FB saying something about them not wanting reviews in their group, but they dont mind leaving comments open if you're talking good about companies they deal with.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats not an appropriate forum to discuss WWC though. Have an Issue with WWC, bring it up on the WWC FB page or whatever. It’s reasonable to me to want to disallow that type of comment. There is no freedom of speech in the internet any longer. The tolerance for it is gone and these are private businesses so they can do what they want with their platforms.

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats not an appropriate forum to discuss WWC though. Have an Issue with WWC, bring it up on the WWC FB page or whatever. It’s reasonable to me to want to disallow that type of comment. There is no freedom of speech in the internet any longer. The tolerance for it is gone and these are private businesses so they can do what they want with their platforms.
Their group is to ask question about reefing. Someone posted a pic of a frag and asked what was on the plug which was an aiptasia and they mentioned the frag came from WWC, soon after the comments were closed.

And you're right, they can do what they want with their group. Its just sad they're trying to protect WWC and let things like this happen to their customers and not allow it to be discussed, especially when some of the customers are new to reefing.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is in bed with WWC and has been for some time now. Wouldn't surprise me if that is their next merger.
That would round out their business pretty well. I imagine it'd be pretty easy to start selling fish since they're already shipping corals.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their group is to ask question about reefing. Someone posted a pic of a frag and asked what was on the plug which was an aiptasia and they mentioned the frag came from WWC, soon after the comments were closed.

And you're right, they can do what they want with their group. Its just sad they're trying to protect WWC and let things like this happen to their customers and not allow it to be discussed, especially when some of the customers are new to reefing.
Your first mistake is thinking any business is your friend or cares about it’s customers. Businesses don’t care about customers. They exist to sell things and make a profit.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your first mistake is thinking any business is your friend or cares about it’s customers. Businesses don’t care about customers. They exist to sell things and make a profit.
That’s not accurate, if no business ”cared” about their consumers, none would stay in buisness it’s in their best interest to listen to their customer base. Rule 101

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think I've found the particular post you're referring to and I can certainly understand how it might seem like that. While we do have to sometimes shut commenting down on posts where the comments are getting out of hand, I don't see any evidence of that in this particular post.

I have to admit, it looks like we over moderated that post. We have a relatively small moderator team, mostly made up of volunteers. I'll have a little meeting with the mod team to make sure we're on the same page about moderating posts like this in the future. I appreciate you bringing this up as it will help us improve!

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard many companies spending a lot of money on the concept of "The Voice of the Customer" (VOC) The companies that succeed well in the future are going to be those that care about their customers, their communities in which the customer's live, and offer great services and even consulting services. I'd rather talk to someone that knows something about the products they sell and pay more for the product than to talk to someone that has no clue and pay bottom dollar. Obviously there's a need for both. But, the ones that profit the most will put a lot of effort and money into understanding the customer.

There's also the mantra of you can't please everyone. I think BRS does a good job of trying to please its customers. I've asked them questions that really isn't their question to answer and they gave me links to products on amazon that would solve my problem. They will get more sales if they help people solve problems than if they just brag up their own products. ;)

wareagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not accurate, if no business ”cared” about their consumers, none would stay in buisness it’s in their best interest to listen to their customer base. Rule 101
That's not completely accurate either, I guess this is why the Auto dealership model is protected by the govt?
Why hospitals and pharmacies don't have to advertise prices and why the govt can demand we have to buy from them ?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've found the particular post you're referring to and I can certainly understand how it might seem like that. While we do have to sometimes shut commenting down on posts where the comments are getting out of hand, I don't see any evidence of that in this particular post.

I have to admit, it looks like we over moderated that post. We have a relatively small moderator team, mostly made up of volunteers. I'll have a little meeting with the mod team to make sure we're on the same page about moderating posts like this in the future. I appreciate you bringing this up as it will help us improve!
Great customer care response here. Thank you BRS

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not completely accurate either, I guess this is why the Auto dealership model is protected by the govt?
Why hospitals and pharmacies don't have to advertise prices and why the govt can demand we have to buy from them ?
Yea I think govt funded/controlled agencies could care less about customer care but that doesn’t mean they won’t lose business. I have free Govt. provided dental and still, I go to the place I trust and pay out of pocket. People vote with their wallet and competitive companies watch the votes closely, for the govt. to change policies it takes a lot more votes, almost unanimous.

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the only problem I've ever seen with BRS. But I have seen comments regarding WWC blocked on more than one occasion and when I tried to make a post about it in the group an admin wouldn't allow it.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happens on reef2reef too. Was on the vendor forums a few days ago and someone bashed cornbred. (Called him the worst and detailed the experience). Although a very healthy and civil discussion, reef2reef shut it down in the name of their sponsor/ vendor. No site is going to allow their money makes to get bashed, don’t care who it is.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol nope, you’re in THEIR FORUM, so only positive things can be said. It’s the same with the EcoTech FB group… the second you say you have an issue or problem it’s blocked or deleted. They only want people to see when someone is saying good things about them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back