AskBRS FB locking comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happens on reef2reef too. Was on the vendor forums a few days ago and someone bashed cornbred. (Called him the worst and detailed the experience). Although a very healthy and civil discussion, reef2reef shut it down in the name of their sponsor/ vendor. No site is going to allow their money makes to get bashed, don’t care who it is.
Oh yea, R2R is just as bad, if not worse, in regards to removing posts….

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol nope, you’re in THEIR FORUM, so only positive things can be said. It’s the same with the EcoTech FB group… the second you say you have an issue or problem it’s blocked or deleted. They only want people to see when someone is saying good things about them
This is actually why I stop getting purchase advice from these sponsored threads. I don’t trust them anymore. I don’t have any real respect for reviews either because we know they are moderated. Do we really think a company like BRS is going to push the lower profit margin pieces..I don’t think so. (Don’t get me wrong, BRS has done some great things for the hobby, but they are also responsible for a lot of the price inflation as well)

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happens on reef2reef too. Was on the vendor forums a few days ago and someone bashed cornbred. (Called him the worst and detailed the experience). Although a very healthy and civil discussion, reef2reef shut it down in the name of their sponsor/ vendor. No site is going to allow their money makes to get bashed, don’t care who it is.

Where is cornbred's forum at? I can not find a link in the reef2reef sponsor forums.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is cornbred's forum at? I can not find a link in the reef2reef sponsor forums.

was in the vendor forum not sponsor forum.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

was in the vendor forum not sponsor forum.

So they closed that thread on behalf of a vendor that is not a sponsor.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never said it was a sponsor. said it was a vendor.

reef2reef shut it down in the name of their sponsor/ vendor

Why would reef2reef shut it down on behalf of cornbred when he is not a sponsor?

Last edited:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DARN IT. I got drug into yet another stupid semantic debate on the internet. When will I learn. You try to contribute to the conversation and someone has to parse your contribution and find a word that they can troll you on. When will i learn. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DARN IT. I got drug into yet another stupid semantic debate on the internet. When will I learn. You try to contribute to the conversation and someone has to parse your contribution and find a word that they can troll you on. When will i learn. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Just asking why reef2reef would shut down a thread for someone who does not sponsor their site.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually why I stop getting purchase advice from these sponsored threads. I don’t trust them anymore. I don’t have any real respect for reviews either because we know they are moderated. Do we really think a company like BRS is going to push the lower profit margin pieces..I don’t think so. (Don’t get me wrong, BRS has done some great things for the hobby, but they are also responsible for a lot of the price inflation as well)
nice profile pic btw. i work glass for a living for the last 16 years

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least BRS addressed this and hopefully it doesn't happen again. Also I was told by the admin the group isnt a place to review products, but right after that there was a post about Radion's with people leaving good reviews and the comments were left open. Even if they dont want to admit it they were obviously trying to stop bad comments about WWC.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back