ATO Reservoir Ideas

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am also looking for a solution but i am looking large for a 300g display and 100g sump, im thinking 55g brute garbage cans but was wondering if there were any other good options?

Matthew Frost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, if I move my dosers behind my stand, I have exactly enough room for this reservoir... trying to resist. A few things I didn't consider when reservoir hunting was; 1. if I can see into the jug, someone in this thread brought this to my attention and 2. how much of a pain is it to fill. I can definitely buy a jerry can, but what a pain in the butt it must be to top one of those off compared to my 5 gallon home depot bucket I have now. At least with one of these reservoirs I can see my water level and i can still fill it without too much trouble.

Anyone have algae issues with these clear reservoirs?

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/crystal-ato-5-gallon-trigger-systems.html
Algae won't grow in your ATO Reservoir. Nothing in there for it to feed on.

OP
OP
CodyRVA

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am also looking for a solution but i am looking large for a 300g display and 100g sump, im thinking 55g brute garbage cans but was wondering if there were any other good options?

If I had the real estate I would have gone with a large barrel, simply so I don't have to refill it as often. So, if you have the space go big, I currently don't have that luxury. Check out... US Plastic or Plastic Mart

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see some sort of straw. How do you attach to a pump ?

Airline tubing connected to the quick disconnect. I use a Diaphragm Pump like a aqualifter pump or even better yet the Avast marine which has allot more power.

If I want to use regular pump I just remove the quick disconnect and down tubing and insert tubing through the whole.

I like the diaphragm pumps because they add water slowly which I like for smaller tanks.

rydiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use a 5g water jug inside a ottoman, cant even tell its there.

51IF3qwZQuL._SL1000_.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

Nicolas Sabrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Tap plastic. I bought a few of there scrap pieces and had them cut it. Glue it all together. At the end, I have a 10g ato that fits in my cabinet for around $25.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will i ever have to get into the reservoir ? for larger sizes they sell closed top and open top and i assume a open top with a lid would be best. i was thinking brute cans but i noticed they are making them with venting, not sure that is good, i am going to try and stop by lowes and see what they look like in person

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use an approx 15 gal food storage bin from the container store. Keeps my tank stable for about 2 weeks before I have to refill

nosmok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
untitled.png

Made my own custom reservoir! Not hard if you have access to a workshop and follow the article on Melev's reef website

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I remember and actually found the first containers I ever used. These were 1.7 ltr and served VERY well and were 97 cents each at a dollar store
dose.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back