Attenuatus Flasher Wrasse... 1 Minute of Flashing VID on 1st Page!!!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have kept the lights off.......Just to help let him settle.....I always keep lights off for at least 4-6 hrs after putting them in the tank even if they are in a acclimation box......

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have kept the lights off.......Just to help let him settle.....I always keep lights off for at least 4-6 hrs after putting them in the tank even if they are in a acclimation box......

that is what i do... i allways keep them out till the next day and then i will feed them after that as well

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lights were off and didn't turn on til 5 pm... my photoperiod is from 5 pm to 11 pm... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys... quick update... he's doing well... he actually wants out now... I might hold him in for another day just to make sure the larger Mc Kosker's gets used to him... the smaller Mc Kosker's can care less... same with the other wrasses (HI Flame pair, Hooded wrasse, Submale Lineatus, and Terminal male Lineatus)... the only one I'm worried about is the larger Mc Kosker's... he also ate PE mysis and enriched brine so that's definitely a good sign... I'm gonna upload some vids later on... :)

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man its a beauty!!

Where did you get that acclimation container?

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the same one, works amazing. Used it on my new orange back this past weekend.

Looks like a nice fish Marv.

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he seems to be doing good...looks like the others are checking him out..i forgot what others do you have in there???..those boxes are very nice i got an extra large one

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the same one, works amazing. Used it on my new orange back this past weekend.

Looks like a nice fish Marv.
Thanks Rob... how long before you let the Orange Back go?

Awesome man!
Tnx Steve... :)

he seems to be doing good...looks like the others are checking him out..i forgot what others do you have in there???..those boxes are very nice i got an extra large one
small McKosker's, Med-Large McKosker's (both were young when I bought them), HI Flame pair (two females, one turned into a male), Hooded wrasse, Submale Lineatus, and Terminal male Lineatus; Yellow Tang (just coz!)

he really looks like he's ready to be taken out... one of the McKosker's acted like he was gonna flash the Attenuatus and the Attenuatus flashed back... Attenuatus was way cooler... :bigsmile:

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice mix..now you need that pin-tail that will look great in there..the red in the attenuatus is col when flashing..did you get that pic of the female i sent you?

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice mix..now you need that pin-tail that will look great in there..the red in the attenuatus is col when flashing..did you get that pic of the female i sent you?
yeah, Pin Tail would be pretty sick!!! :)

if everything is still good for tonight when I get home, I will release the Attenuatus... and thanks for the pic of the female... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I let him go tonight after the 1st snack... I normally thaw their food and feed them increments... tonight there was 3 increments... :)

at first, the McKosker's messed with him but he held his ground pretty well... then, I got a surprised... the Hooded started chasing everyone and focused his attention on the Attenuatus... I didn't expect this at all... the Hooded normally messes with the female turned male HI Flame every so often... I turned off the lights and left the PowerBrites for a few... the Attenuatus started peeking out again and when the McKosker's got close, he started flashing them, both the smaller one and larger one... I think he'll dominate both McKosker's if he can somehow get on the good side of the Hooded... light are all off now and I'll manually turn them on tomorrow for more observation... wish me luck... man, it was awesome seeing the Attenuatus flash... :bigsmile:

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow normally the hoodies are pretty calm..are they both about the same size??..but with him flashing the mccoskers he is just trying to fit in..the the hooded stays after him for days then i would be worried but sound like things should be ok..from what you seen it sounds like they are all trying to work things out..the colors of the attenuatus flashing is very sweet though...of course i am a sucker for flashers though i think more so than the fairys..but keep us up to date and can't wait for more vids and pics

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back