Back off Aquacontroller!!!! Reefkeeper Elite is coming to town!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been a strong advocate for the ReefKeeper for sometime now after trying the ACJR and then going to the ease and beauty of the RK2. NOW theyare fixing to release the Elite version and the AC will not be able to hold a candle to Digital Aquatics.

Check this out!

ReefKeeper ELITE

You can't get them just yet, but DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE! I AM TRYING TO NEGOTIATE A MEGA GROUP DEAL ON THESE FOR CZ!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow control up to 64 outlets!

The ReefKeeper Elite is true to its name, standing alone in the industry as the most innovative aquarium controller on the market. With the most intuitive interface and easy use system controls, you'll find it will simplify all aspects of your aquarium system that it controls. There's also no need to find a power outlet near the head unit as there's no power cord needed; power is provided right from the bus. The compact and convenient design, multiple mounting options and great looks makes the ReefKeeper Elite right for almost any installation; and without any unsightly probe wires dangling about, the head unit will add a touch of class to any tank!

The ReefKeeper is the most expandable controller we know of, allowing the control of over 160 outlets. It has the capability of reading more probes and input devices then even the most demanding system will ever need. All this makes the RK Elite suitable for tanks from 1 to 10000 gallons and beyond.

One of the biggest advantages of the RK Elite system is what it comes with! With other controllers you're left wanting and having to purchase add-ons just to get them to a usable level. The RK Elite system includes two PC4s; that's 8 outlets to control! You also get an SL1 that will allows you to monitor pH, ORP, temperature and two micro switches. Not to mention a free temperature probe and pH probe. All this for hundreds of dollars less than other controllers that barely give you enough to get started.

System includes:
1 x ReefKeeper Elite Head Unit
1 x RKM-SL1 (pH, ORP, temperature, 2 micro switches)
2 x RKM-PC4 (total of 8 outlets)
1 x Programming Dongle
1 x pH Probe Kit
1 x Temperature Probe

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Check this:

Ethernet Capable
Because the ReefKeeper Elite is a modular system we have the ability to develop new features as time goes on. One feature that we've been defining is an Ethernet module that will allow users to take advantage of their home networks and the World Wide Web. Digital Aquatics is dedicated to producing quality products at great prices! This module is still under development and we're working on every aspect of it to reduce cost to you and NOT compromise safety and functionality. More to come on this optional module.

Wireless Communication
While a USB connection for your ReefKeeper Elite is needed for updates to firmware, nobody wants an unsightly wire running from their ReefKeeper to their PC. This will offer a Zigbee like wireless network experience. While we're not ready to release all the details, our wireless module will give you freedoms and abilities that other systems just can't offer. More to come on this optional module.

Upgradeability
The RK Elite also has upgradeable firmware so your controller can grow with your system; and firmware updates are always free!

Advanced 11 button CapSense interface
By expanding from the traditional 3 button interfaces of the past we have given the user a more intuitive interface to navigate with. The RK Elite menu, programming, and viewing systems take full advantage of the new interface providing an all around easier experience.

128 x 64 Graphical display (w/RGB backlight and 30 background colors)
The RK Elite utilizes a graphical display that allows us to display status icons, data graphs, and a variety of information in a way that has not been possible before.

More then 160 Programmable Channels
One of the highlights of the RK Elite system is its ability to control 160 outlets. While most people will never need that many outlets, some will. Our goal is to be forward thinking and give your new system the freedom to grow.

Multiple Mounting Options

Like the RK1 and RK2 the RK Elite provides for multiple mounting options like flush mount and surface mount. While other controllers are big and awkward to mount needing unstable Velcro or unsightly restraints the RKE will add a touch of class to your system. Let face it, we all work hard to keep our tanks looking good and the RKE will be a great addition!

Home Screen (w/easy to read icons and data)
The new Home Screen provides you with quick information that is well laid out and easy to read. Icons provide you the current state of your system while you can quickly scroll through all the data for your tank with the touch of a button. Keeping tabs on your tank has never been easier!

Simple menu system for easy configuration

We've worked hard to try and make the interface as simple and intuitive as possible for the RK Elite. With the advantage of the new interface we're able to really produce a one of a kind experience.

Night Mode - Independently Programmable
Our Night Mode feature allows the RK Elite to change depending on the time of day. In Night Mode the RK Elite can activate your Moon Light Controller, dim your display, transitioning your tank into a calm state.

64 Alarms
With 64 alarms and an audible and visual alert you'll know when any of your critical system parameters are out of range.

Metal Halide control with "Sure-On"
Just like the RK1 and RK2 the RK Elite system will make sure your Metal Halide bulbs come back on after a power interruption. Sure-On is a 15 minute delay that gives these expensive and sensitive bulbs time to cool which insures safe, continuing usage over time.

Light Timer with Weekday/Weekend schedules and safety temp cut off
New to the light timer is the ability to set different lighting modes for weekdays and weekends. This gives you the option of setting a lighting cycle that caters to your viewing schedule as it changes throughout the week. You still have our safety cut off temp that will shut your lights down if your tank gets above some set point.

Moon Light Controller (optional)

With the optional MLC the RK Elite system can simulate a true lunar cycle. Read more on the RKM-MLC in that section.

NEW Multi-timer function

The multi-timer is all new. You're now able to stack up to seven unique timers to create any on/off cycles you would like. This is great for dosing and other scheduled tasks that don't happen on a regular interval or for creating your own special cycle based on your needs.

64 Dedicated Timers
Ther are 64 advanced timers you can program, and with the Multi-timer you can mix and match them in any fashion you'd like to get even more complexed function.

2 Standby/Feed/Service modes

The RK Elite also sports two user settable standby functions. This gives you the flexibility to configure multiple service modes for activities like feeding, water changes, and other maintenance.

Control Functions
The new "Controller" function can take any probe input and act on it with a user settable hysteresis. This includes pH, ORP, temperature and micro switches just for starters. You can also take action based on current draw or load on any PC4 and you'll be able use any future probes that are added to the system!

Sumps/Skimmers pump control

You can program the sump pump and skimmer pump functions to be off in standby and even have a standby delay just to make sure your system doesn't overflow or over skim food after a feeding.

Wavemaker A/B and C/D pump control
We've expanded our old wavemaker control to include a "D" mode. Now you can set up multiple pairs of power heads to get all the turbulent flow you need!

Top-off pump control
Use this setting to control a pump based on a micro switch for top-off and many other features.

Key Lock

Lock out unwanted and accidental usage of your RK Elite. With a simple lock, you can make sure the kids, your friends or anyone else doesn't mess with your controller.

Battery Backup
The battery in the RK Elite is user serviceable. If it ever goes dead it can be replaced without the need for service.

Audible Feedback

Also new to the RK Elite is audible feedback. You can turn this feature on or off depending on your preference.

Splash-proof Faceplate

Wet fingers aren't a problem with our full covering face plate.

Upgradeable Firmware
Like the RK2 before it the RK Elite has upgradeable firmware. This will help you maintain your investment over time and allow you it grow as we release more and more expandability!

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems pretty nice, Looks like you get alot as well. But you will have to add-on things just like the AC's. If you want to get it on the net you will have to buy and add-on. Both wireless and hardwired.

Funny how it seems to be targeting the AC in it's description. It's make a big deal about 8 outlets, well the Ac has 8 outlets with the dc8. But you have to buy it. :)

The interface looks more user friendly.

I would like to see them push the envelope as it will make Neptune to do so as well.

BTW - I have a AC3 and I really like it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right and the user friendly interface is what caused me to go with the RK2 over the ACjr in the first place. It's a world of difference.

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah the ac jr. was a pain to use. I had one before i upgraded. I could see how that would turn people off, but once you get the AC3, i do all my programming online now.

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
rev keep me posted on your mega ultra super deal you are trying to work out...... i might want one, but if so i want 7-pc4 outlets, able to run a total 28 outlets(need it to run 3 different tanks, also i would want it to run 3 temp and 4 ph probes(if possible) it sound like it is possible..... let me know a price..... shane

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya Rev,

Does this guy do EC monitoring? Secondly, I'm also interested in your answer to sdietz2469 about multiple-tank monitoring. Can you use multiple RKM-SL1's or whatever to monitor multiple tanks?

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man these look sick! I want one bad! Keep us updated on the group-buy, Ill buy one right now!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i've never found the acjr hard to program, it works great for me

Well in comparison to the RK it was like night and day for me...

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so we have 3 so far that wants one of these bad boys!

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
rev keep me posted on your mega ultra super deal you are trying to work out...... i might want one, but if so i want 7-pc4 outlets, able to run a total 28 outlets(need it to run 3 different tanks, also i would want it to run 3 temp and 4 ph probes(if possible) it sound like it is possible..... let me know a price..... shane

I have been following DA's thread over on RC for some time. It has the capabilities to run a whole bunch of probes, problem is that you need a different rkm-sl1 module. So, if you want to run 3 temp and 4 ph probes, you'll need 4 rkm-sl1 modules, at $70 a pop. Nice feature, and I can't remember what the max number of rkm-sl1 modules is, but I'm certain it is greater than 4.

Garrett.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am trying to get a pro over here from DA to address some of these questions. But really it shouldn't matter the ACE is a whole lot PURDIER! :D

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im in the market for a controller too but im still on the fence between ac3 and rke
just gotta figure out which one i want more
its the whole nikon canon thing all over again!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never bought a reef keeper 2 because for a controller not to control top off is strange. A controller should control everything.The elite fixes this problem. But if they want to really sell these they need to make them tunze stream compatible. Too me that is a huge short comming.. other than that it looks like a sweet unit. I would also like a controller with a web server in that allows me to control my unit via the internet. I think that would be a sweet feature.

If when the elite comes out the reefkepper 2 drops in price or the price of used ones drops because people want to upgrade to an elite i might buy a reef keeper 2, so I can hook it up to the web and check the status of my tank.

another thing about controllers is if the unit fails you could end up shutting down everything in your tank, your lights, main pump, circulation, top off etc. That5 kind of scares me.

Dave

Last edited:

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another thing about controllers is if the unit fails you could end up shutting down everything in your tank, your lights, main pump, circulation, top off etc. That5 kind of scares me.

Dave

this is why i don't/won't run top off and circulation on any aquarium controller. putting too many eggs in one basket and they end up broken onthe floor.

i use a litermeter for top off and alk/ca, ranco for heater controller, tunze on ups'

all i need my controller to do is:
operate the lightson a set schedule, along with some fans,
monitor ph, temp,
turn the lights off if the tank gets too hot

that said, my aqjr on the 180 got saltwater in it and is sort of fried, temp and ph wise, and i'm interested in the reefkeeper elite, but 490 seems like a lot.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back