Back off Aquacontroller!!!! Reefkeeper Elite is coming to town!

kevin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that looks great. When i was first setting up my tank a year and a half ago, i was looking at the reefkeeper, but decided to wait. I may have to pick one of these up.

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems a bit high for what I need a controller to do (I too am in the market for one). Any idea when it is coming out?

VanHalen

Runnin With The DevilFish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mind getting one to use in addition to my RK2. When is the deal gonna go down Rev?

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mind getting one to use in addition to my RK2. When is the deal gonna go down Rev?

Pre-Orders where supposed to start back at the beggining of march so who knows. They got thier final prototype in and I guess it wasnt up to par for production so it looks like its gonna be even longer.

Im getting kinda ansy and dont think I can wait much longer cause I really need a controller. If its not out in the next month or 2 Im gonna go with the AC3.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been to Tod's house (cherrycorals) and seen his setup, and its very cool.

Endless power, its by far the most elaborate. Certainly more complicated than DA's reef keeper series, but it can do some really cool stuff.

I know he just got a ton in stock. I know hes got some sweet beginner setups too.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes the profilux is def. something to check out as well. I didnt even think of it at the time. Maybe Todd would do a special order for the members that wanted one here at R2R. I wouldn't want to waste his time though unless people wanted it.

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been to Tod's house (cherrycorals) and seen his setup, and its very cool.

Endless power, its by far the most elaborate. Certainly more complicated than DA's reef keeper series, but it can do some really cool stuff.

I know he just got a ton in stock. I know hes got some sweet beginner setups too.

I was chatting with him a bit. Apparently they drop ship the "setups" direct, and he said he can't match their prices on the deals that they give for the combo setups. Still, I would need to buy two dosing pumps to do my two part and I'm not sure I can bring myself to spend that much on this project when I went in initially just wanting an easy way to automate my 2 part :).

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I found someone selling an AC3 with pH and ORP probes. Comes with a DC8 and new temp probe as well. He's asking $450. Not sure if that is a good deal or not.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have people heard about the Profilux?

i have a aquacontroller jr (had a reefkeeper 1 when they first came out-- I hope the newer ones are better than the older one I had)

I just bought a profilux and am waiting on to make the trip across the sea to my house

this is the ultimate controller upgradeable in every aspect and more upgrades every few month

the price is steep only because of the dollar to euro exchange

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you dont mind me asking, what is the cost of the profilux?
shane

Check out www.cherrycorals.com. There are a bunch of packages. I have a feeling I will go with the Profilux if I can convince myself that I need a controller. In the end, if they continually upgrade the firmware, it should be with me for years to come and I would eventually like to get a new larger tank once I'm in a house vs. my condo.

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding me? A wireless LAN card for the Profilux is over $300!! Ok, I think I may ditch this whole controller idea...seriously, when it starts to cost as much as my entire tank, I'm not sure it is worth it! :)

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding me? A wireless LAN card for the Profilux is over $300!! Ok, I think I may ditch this whole controller idea...seriously, when it starts to cost as much as my entire tank, I'm not sure it is worth it! :)

thats is something new added to the setup (price the wireless lan on other controllers)

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the Elite Model out in California this past weekend at the Marine Aquarium Expo in Costa Mesa. The unit is AWESOME!!! I currently have two Reefkeeper 2's running 2 separate systems and getting just one Elite would allow me to run multiple tanks! Each 4 plug module has it's own Temp and ORP plug, so you can do a whole lot with that option as well. It's not wireless yet, but being able to have so many modules plugged in from 25+ feet away is great for those who run multiple system. My friend is concerned about redundancy as I have 2 systems now each with it's own controller, but I might not be able to resist! I also heard that the early orders get a moon light option included that's usually $90 itself. Did I hear group buy???

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I contacted DA about a group buy but they never responded...... :(

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps try again, since pre-orders are supposed to start in a week or two? I can push too if you'd like....how many people we looking at?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Chris if you want to head it up we can start a new thread???

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back