Back up/spare equipment.....watcha got?

TonyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So things tend to wear out or just die at the most inopportune times. What do you have back-ups of for your system?

For me it's a light bulb or two and a spare mag pump. I'm sure there are things that we should ALL have, what are they?

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't hurt to have a bucket of mixed water lying around in case of emergency.. hmm Can't really think of much else that couldn't wait a day to get to a store... Funny you should say... one of my bulbs just burned out 2 hours ago so now I have to stick a 24" light fixture over a 15 inch tank until next week... haha oh well gotta love the ghetto tank.

OP
OP
T

TonyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thinking back, I had my ca rx media go to mush on me a while ago. no one locally carries the stuff but luckily a friend had some and bailed me out. i have a spare container now :)

gilmour01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spare skimmer, xtra bulbs, xtra pumps, 40g of saltwater on hand at all times. most of my spare equipment is just old things that got upgraded, but i keep them around just in case.

blaze98

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a spare of pretty much everything. I have had stuff die on me at the most inopportune times. I learned my lesson, spare skimmer, return pump, circulation pumps, back-up pump for my skimmers, heaters, bulbs, DIY fixture in case the big one goes out, extra ballast for lights.

gilmour01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its amazing how much equipment you tend to collect in this hobby. half of my basement is full of xtra aquarium goodies.

Chris22582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spare everything too. lol Skimmer pumps powerheads 55 gallons of saltwater mix all the time. The pile keeps growing. lol

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 full tank setups - a couple emergencies here and there added to this ;)
No extra lights yet though....

Back