Bad ICP test *HELP*

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Would to titanum heaters leash aluminum? I have the helios one
they should not. Ive been using Titanium 13 years and have very low metal on my ICP results. Piping, water source, clamps used in plumbing are some contributors and even pump magnets. I would not be overly concerned with metal levels on your test which shows them as present and not High or dangerous. Obviously we dont welcome them regardless.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You noticed he just edited his post about having a burner acct.... Too late now its out there, lol.

No I did not

1693482798084.png

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a waste of peoples time to answer the same persons (pretending to be two different) question twice.
Not to mention he asked the same question on polo reef facebook group and got the same answers.

I guess the answers there weren't good enough for him

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries im permanently deleting both accounts.
it's OK don't get upset people can say what they want, everyone's just having a little fun, you'll get help here and there, it may not always be the answer your looking for but between your research and the help offered you should be fine. I wouldn't delete and leave ;)

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t be surprised. I’ve seen it before.
no the point is, in a new tank without months/years of evaporation of bad quality water the metals shouldn't have enough concentration to be "toxic", thats why on a newly set up tank it's more than likely unnecessary to preform an icp test and these results could be disregarded, they will just cause un needed worry and confusion. even with a tank filled up on start with tap water can be fine, but when using tap water for months and evaporation is compounding these metals it can become toxic, I've seen lots of nice tanks set up using tap water, also it depends on the quality of the tap water. this guy claimed to use r.o water and the tank is only a few weeks/months from being set up there's likely nothing toxic in his water, it is more likely testing error or sample collection contamination. also this poster tends to worry about the smaller issues at hand and the main reason for me saying to "disregard the test results" the original post i made that you questioned. ;)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no the point is, in a new tank without months/years of evaporation of bad quality water the metals shouldn't have enough concentration to be "toxic", thats why on a newly set up tank it's more than likely unnecessary to preform an icp test and these results could be disregarded, they will just cause un needed worry and confusion. even with a tank filled up on start with tap water can be fine, but when using tap water for months and evaporation is compounding these metals it can become toxic, I've seen lots of nice tanks set up using tap water, also it depends on the quality of the tap water. this guy claimed to use r.o water and the tank is only a few weeks/months from being set up there's likely nothing toxic in his water, it is more likely testing error or sample collection contamination. also this poster tends to worry about the smaller issues at hand and the main reason for me saying to "disregard the test results" the original post i made that you questioned. ;)

You use the word “likely” a lot. Actually, new systems commonly have quite elevated levels of several elements.

Starting a system with tap water is definitely not smart. In any Acropora system this is extremely risky depending on how many pollutants are present. Chlorine, Copper, Zinc, Neodymium, etc…are all harmful at high levels.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back