Beginner Here from Sunny Florida

Bellebomb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the community. I am new to the hobby and constantly reading and researching to soak up as much as I can.

Thank you in advance for your help as I start this new endeavor.

Here is a picture of where I am right now. Plumbed and scaped, just waiting on the new dedicated 20 amp line to be installed next week.

451C571D-99A2-4DF4-A550-DCDE171436F7.jpeg 29969ED5-DCC5-4C2C-9AB3-B43FE11C7F67.jpeg

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. Nice set up and i like your style. I did the whole dedicated 20 amp i even had a whole home automatic generator installed. Love the scape. I wish i had chosen the purple rock myself. Whats the plan for stocking? Did you do a build thread? Send some sun to KY please. I cant wait to come down for the waterbox reunion.

OP
OP
Bellebomb

Bellebomb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. Nice set up and i like your style. I did the whole dedicated 20 amp i even had a whole home automatic generator installed. Love the scape. I wish i had chosen the purple rock myself. Whats the plan for stocking? Did you do a build thread? Send some sun to KY please. I cant wait to come down for the waterbox reunion.
I still need to cycle the rock, and still reading my books on which fish for which coral, I have about two months to decide as I’m not rushing the cycling process. Having some trouble with my ATI setting off my kill-a-watt alarm, so in pause right now as well.

I haven’t done a build thread, I just joined tonight. I can start one though. Took me two weeks just to do the glass in the sump and then plumb it because I’m trying to get it right the first time. Thank you for the suggestion.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still need to cycle the rock, and still reading my books on which fish for which coral, I have about two months to decide as I’m not rushing the cycling process. Having some trouble with my ATI setting off my kill-a-watt alarm, so in pause right now as well.

I haven’t done a build thread, I just joined tonight. I can start one though. Took me two weeks just to do the glass in the sump and then plumb it because I’m trying to get it right the first time. Thank you for the suggestion.
sounds like you are doing it the right way. Yes the slow cycle is the best i think. Patience is not always apparent in this hobby so Kudos to you for that. We all love pics of the progress can't wait to see how it develops.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 27.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back