0   0   0
AE5B1C45-48B4-4702-BAE3-E273CCAC68E5.gif

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!!!! I feel like a sloth at the rate of this build, but thankfully momma blessed me with a ton of patience!
Well you have the main ingredient, and everything else looks really pro , yeah by my count your right up at 16amps 110v with that fixture, best to wait for the homerun 20amp for it alone. Seems like you have alot of the bases covered and cant wait to see the progress ! Welcome to the Reef !

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the community. I am new to the hobby and constantly reading and researching to soak up as much as I can.

Thank you in advance for your help as I start this new endeavor.

Here is a picture of where I am right now. Plumbed and scaped, just waiting on the new dedicated 20 amp line to be installed next week.

451C571D-99A2-4DF4-A550-DCDE171436F7.jpeg 29969ED5-DCC5-4C2C-9AB3-B43FE11C7F67.jpeg

Welcome to r2r!

Since you are having a new line ran you might want to look into the cost of two lines ran. I ran an extra 20 amp line behind my tank to add to the 20 amp line I already had. It was for redundandancy in case one tripped. I'm pulling around 7 amps/700 watts from each outlet. That fluctuates depending on the heaters and t5/led lights during the day.

OP
OP
Bellebomb

Bellebomb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r!

Since you are having a new line ran you might want to look into the cost of two lines ran. I ran an extra 20 amp line behind my tank to add to the 20 amp line I already had. It was for redundandancy in case one tripped. I'm pulling around 7 amps/700 watts from each outlet. That fluctuates depending on the heaters and t5/led lights during the day.
Since we are in Florida, and hurricane prone, we are also have a generator switch put in, so the electrician is already costing a pretty penny on top of all the gear in the sump and lights.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we are in Florida, and hurricane prone, we are also have a generator switch put in, so the electrician is already costing a pretty penny on top of all the gear in the sump and lights.

Smart move on the generator. Keep the hurricanes down there, ha. We got 75mph winds from Hurricane Olga last month. It knocked out our power for 8+ hours. First time I've lost power in over three years.

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the community. I am new to the hobby and constantly reading and researching to soak up as much as I can.

Thank you in advance for your help as I start this new endeavor.

Here is a picture of where I am right now. Plumbed and scaped, just waiting on the new dedicated 20 amp line to be installed next week.

451C571D-99A2-4DF4-A550-DCDE171436F7.jpeg 29969ED5-DCC5-4C2C-9AB3-B43FE11C7F67.jpeg
Beautiful tank. Welcome to R2R.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In time grasshopper. Too much of my knowledge all at once and your head May explode grasshopper. But the key is the right water flow.

1225511-af476c03e7f972e21a0037f3ec745af5.jpg
I've been following some of your threads on the subject tried it once myself whole a year or two ago this lasted about four months slowly shrinking. But I won't hijack this thread I'll save it for another discussion

image.jpg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following some of your threads on the subject tried it once myself whole a year or two ago this lasted about four months slowly shrinking. But I won't hijack this thread I'll save it for another discussion

image.jpg
That thing looks like it's on crack or angel dust. No wonder 4 month.

Reefer Reborn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I just joined today. From Florida too.
I noticed your rock is flat and sitting on the bottom. Alot of that rock will be covered with sand and take away from the nice scape you have created.
If your staying with bare bottom then don’t worry. If your going with sand I like to build rock feet attached to the bottom rocks with epoxy. This keeps your structure visible and sand and creatures can live under it too. Also I like to epoxy my rocks together in modules so they don’t get knocked over and in the event you have to take them out and scrub them clean you can put it all back exactly the way you had it. Good luck and I love the sleek air light fixture.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back