Big 3 Shootout Alk, Ca, Mg: RedSea, Nyos, Elos, Salifert, API, Hanna, Triton, AWT

Bottyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing write up and glad I searched for this. I used Elos for Mag and agree the two step phased approach does have a lot of room for error. Especially when you accidentally put the wrong regent and didn't realize until after you've wasted 20+ drops and wondered why it hasn't changed color. ;Wacky Switched to Salifert.

OP
OP
jason2459

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I've got another thread coming... soon... I hope.... Just waiting on a report.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting thread. Of course, we would have loved to see Tropic Marin tests included in this group. Maybe someone would be interested enough to do the testing.

OP
OP
jason2459

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I've got another thread coming... soon... I hope.... Just waiting on a report.

I have all the data in, lots of it, and just need to find the time to organize it all and post up a new thread on it.

Very interesting thread. Of course, we would have loved to see Tropic Marin tests included in this group. Maybe someone would be interested enough to do the testing.

One of these Days I'll do a Round 2 with the big 3 but I'll be getting a continuous Alk Checker in the mix and I'm waiting on the exact iDip to mature more. So, probably next year some time. Is there an online retailer that sells your kits here in the US?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back