OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone think that nem in the bottom of the pot will be detrimental to the hatch process... plan on pulling the pot tm so im, just curious

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it felt like 50% or less the first few times. You can get more if you leave the pot pulled for 2 nights. But I feel like I end up with 1/3 of the clutch by the 8th night.

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry, think about how vicious the ocean is for little clownfish. And they survive there! All you have to do is provide decent conditions and let nature do what it evolved to do. survive!

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well eggs did not hatch last night so I'm hoping that they do tn..I went ahead and pulled the pot last night bc I wasn't gonna take the chance and let them hatch while I was asleep I guess I could have kept thhe lights on over night but I'll know for next time I got good bubble flow going over them so I hope they will be good for the day and hatch tn... what you guys think

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have been hatching on the 9th day, my tank temp is around 80. Congrats on the clutch. I'm currently raising my 2nd hatch of picassos and my snow/onyx just started laying. I'm no expert but I can try to help too if you've got questions.

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads filled with good photos always get attention! Especially once you get some babies.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have to try and find it but I recall reading a thread where the eggs took a long time to hatch. What temps are you keeping the eggs and the parent tank at? As long as fungus has not took over the eggs yet and they still look viable then I wouldn't give up on them yet.

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first three days they were at 77 then I got a new heater and till day eight they were at around 80 and I don't have a therm in the larval tank at but it has a heater the hatch tank is only 2.5 gallon and it has a ten gallon heater in it

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back