Black (darwin) ocellaris x black ice ocellaris breeding thread

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Darwin refuse to host in my pair of rainbow bta. They eat nightly either pe mysis or lrs reef frenzy. They haven't starred laying in new tank yet.

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhhh sometimes 3 times sometimes like 6 just depends on how much I'm home and they host the anemone to the left of the pot but if theirs eggs the male really doesn't move out the pot... and the female is very territorial I can't even put my hand in the tank anymore without getting bit until I remove my hand

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think around 20 have hatched so far i think so hard to tell and about 40 viable eggs still on the pot wish I knew what I was doing wrong

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll figure it out! Patience and Trial & Error and you will get there.

swissgaurd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats,you have a nice pair
I currently have a couple pairs breeding.
are you exposing the eggs to any light after pulling the eggs.
ive heard brineshrimp makes eggs harder to hatch.
theres a lot of eggs ,what are the parents diet

vic

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I remove the pot on the 8th night I out it directly into the hatch tank covering the bottom hole and only use the light from my phone to place the air tubing in the right spot I then cover up the larval tank it has a black shirt around it and then u place two black towels over it... if they don't hatch I turn the light on during the dsy and try again the next night...
Idk if this has anything to do with it but in the parents tank the white lights trunk off at 10 but the blues at 20% stay on till 12 and then turn off but after 12 there are three blue moon lights that stay on so I just wonder if the eggs are used to night being tinted a little blue not pure darkness...
As far as the parents diet does I mainly feed pe mysis nls pellets and flake food mixing in brine rods food and cyclopezze by pe

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading your posts just not responding because I don't know the information to help. I'm interested to see your progress. If my pair ever start laying eggs, I would love to venture into raising fry.

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't there be a hatch or another clutch coming up? How about some baby pics?

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes in deed my last clutch was laid last Saturday so yesterday was the 8th night and I pulled the pot as well as put the two 30 day old clowns in a breeder net in my sump till I see if any hatch...
As far as the last clutch goes I wasn't home all dsy the Saturday she laid so idk what happened bc when I got home that night their were only 50 viable eggs but I could see that there were prolly 400 eggs laid either picked off or just not viable..
One egg hatched last night so we're see tn how many hatch

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1411424375412.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1411424384925.jpg

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just noticed your update! Looking good!!! That's going to be a cool little snowflake! Any hatch yet!?!?

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting kinda frustrated but in good news the clowns should be laying tm she plump been doing a ton of cleaning and extremely territorial and aggressive recently

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back