Bluethroat Trigger Fish Issue

Carterfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to see a fish like this die. Triggers are naturally pretty strong and able to fight off most diseases. I️ have a pair of blue jaws that have fought off ich and flukes. I️ wonder if you stressed him out too much Anyway if you are going to replace, definitely qt them and use metro and prazipro

OP
OP
J

jah-hoeva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They come in and go straight to a clean qt. I’ve lost three to the same issue before I gave up on them.

FW dip found nothing. Rally bath into clean qt with prazi had him looking better but dead a couple days later. Still no idea what killed them. I told them don’t bother sending any replacement.

Losing a beautiful fish is always tough. But not having any idea what the issue is/was is the worst. The copperband and baby clown in qt with them have watched the triggers come and go and have not skipped a beat. Both eating and spotless.

Joe

Last edited:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, per my photos, LA got back to me that their people think my issue is brook and it should be treated with formaldehyde.

Did they say which formaldehyde based product to use and describe in detail how to treat? I'm always curious to learn how those in the industry apply medications.

OP
OP
J

jah-hoeva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what they said...

We have received a message from our Aquatic Facility and they informed us that the white patches that the fish had looks like brooklynella. They would recommend treating with a parasitic medication such as formaldehyde following the manufacture directions on the bottle.

Not sure it’s the correct diagnosis or not. Seeing brook in full swing on fish in the past I feel this may have been something else. Hopefully this last trigger dodged that bullet.

Joe

Back