OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so apparently I didn't know enough about the OG JP Bowser... CAO is a much better looking polyp.
IMO those don't look anything like the OG Jay Painters. This is one of the sources that I was wondering how they were able to secure a fraggable size colony of them when the JP strain was basically MIA for so many years. Was hoping they'd chime in with the story behind it and having it lineage all the way back to Jay Painter.

Zoanthids

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMO those don't look anything like the OG Jay Painters. This is one of the sources that I was wondering how they were able to secure a fraggable size colony of them when the JP strain was basically MIA for so many years. Was hoping they'd chime in with the story behind it and having it lineage all the way back to Jay Painter.

I understand how the pic on the website is a little confusing. As all of you know, polyps morph under different lighting conditions. They have morphed some since the pic on the website and we'll be updating that soon. Here is a pic of how they looked just a few days ago. Sorry, it's not that great of quality and it's shot through acrylic under 400w Hallides.

jp-bowser.jpg

You can see that they're starting to gain some of their yellow/orange back but we're going to change up their lighting some more to see if we can get them to morph back to how they looked under LEDs. Here's some info on the lineage. We acquired the full piece from BillyC when he got out of the hobby which he grew out from one polyp that he got directly from Jay Painter.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

RKLion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I purchased a few polyps from Zoanthids.com and have grown them out. Will post pics...

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand, the photo that Darwin originally posted of the JP bowsers look nothing like the Zoanthids.com JP bowsers

extremecoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on that interesting to see if anyone got JP bowser from zoanthids.com
The one zoanthids.com just posted looks like it turned into a different morph! lol

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now where can I buy one? lol The OG bowser not the knock off.

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't find the OG bowser anymore. It melted on everyone that had them, me included. There's only the knock offs now

gatorsmashed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very interesting to be able to gain an understanding of how things happen like this. Makes you wonder how "bowsers" can be that much more expensive than CARs, when in reality they are not that far off.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back