OP
OP
G

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This 100%! With CBBs they are hardy if they're eating, the moment they stop eating something is wrong. It could be barometric pressure for all we know sometimes, but for them eating is life. My tank is in the furnace room (in wall display) So, at night turn the incandescent furnace room light bulb on and the tank is showered in a dim yellow light. Everytime I do this I catch my CBB poking his head in a rock looking for more food.. I seriously think he hunts close to 24 hours a day especially when I'm not watching him. So, you'll need to find away to feed, with low flow, and walk away monitor if he starts pecking at things to eat. If you don't see him visibly eating. There's not much hope for the guy, wounded or not.
Would you suggest I turn off the air stone and /or the aquamaxx filter when feeding?

OP
OP
G

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wounds completely healed on their own thankfully. But it has been 2 weeks and I have not seen him eat even once. I'm so desperate at this point I made a little contraption and filled it with LFS reef frenzy and a couple drops of xtreme garlic. Then I setup a Wyze camera to see if he would at least eat when I wasn't around. Still nada! :(

Screenshot_20210917-193247.png

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck? I got mine eating PE Mysis and that is it to start. If I added vitamins or aminos or anything including garlic he would not touch it. Just plain PE mysis and no other brand worked. Few weeks of this in Qt and I was feeding him 6-7 times a day in Qt. Fatten him up and once moved to display he was good to go and ate Everything. Keep it simple and don’t add anything to the PE. Once he knew it was plain mysis he would devour it. Garlic pushed him away from it

OP
OP
G

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be very honest I think I found out why he's not eating and it's due to my negligence. :(

Saw a bangaii cardinal dead so I new something must be wrong. Tested nitrates and they were around 100. Did a 25% water change. Then another 25% water change the next day. I really hope that's enough to turn things around as he is still alive but won't even eat live blackworms. And now I'm out of town for 4days but have my son feeding while I'm gone.

Lesson learned. That's why you should not overcrowd a quarantine tank especially one that was recently cycled. Feel terrible.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back