Calling all ATI T5 users

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What setup do you have? How are the bulbs cooled? What temp is the cold spot of the bulb kept at?
Regarding cold spot temp,
Measuring glass temp, metal cap temp, or air temp at cold spot?
I've read 95f is the target temp, but I'm not sure which of the above that should match.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Regarding cold spot temp,
Measuring glass temp, metal cap temp, or air temp at cold spot?
I've read 95f is the target temp, but I'm not sure which of the above that should match.
I just measured around the label end best I could. The ambient air is close enough for our purposes.

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good! How do you like the colors from that combo? Pics?
This is a bad picture, so excuse the trap and the messy glass. It was when I was trying to catch my hawkfish (which I finally caught after 4 days) and before I moved my MP40's to the back wall.

trap.jpg

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know pics are pretty useless since there are so many variables. The second pic looks really dark. How long has the bulb burned in for?

The picture was taken right after I changed out the bulb so there was rally no burn in. I think it is a little darker overall though. I'll probably run for a week to see how I feel.

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a big fan of purple+ unless you have a good number of bulbs to compensate for the color.

Do you only have a 2 bulb fixture? I'd run either an AB Special or Coral+ with a Blue+

Yeah it's a 2 bulb fixture. I do have 3 10" inch TrueLumen actinic LED strips running also. They were on in both pictures. I bought a 20" Reef Brite LED strip a while back that I never hooked up so I may put that in and take out a couple of the TrueLumen strips to see if it changes anything.

jisherwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK everyone lots of information here but I am really looking for is answer to a 4 bulb setup. I just setup the following combo 4 bulb 54 watt with 2 - Kessil a360w blue tuna and my bulb combo is B+ B+ Purple+ B+. Front to back. Sitting appx 9.5" - 10" off of the water. Any suggestions would be great. I am attempting to try some Acropora's. Suggestions? Thanks in advanced

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back