Calling all ATI T5 users

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok im gonna throw this out hear to see what comes up. I have the 8x54 power module. Im building a new 90gal and the fixture is nearly the same size as the tank. I wanted to add some LED's to the mix but can't because of the room i have over the tank. Im interested to know if i could replace one of the ballasts to a dimmable one and use something like the E5 bulbs?
My idea is one plug controls 2 bulbs and the other 6 are on the second bulb. I think bulb 3 and 5 are the two separate bulbs. I would like to control them to ramp up before and after the mane 6 bulbs come on and off. Avoiding the use of the standard T5 on the dimmable ballast because its hard on the bulbs and cuts there life. Would also consider an led bulb that will add that shimmer back to the tank. Any thoughts on this and is it possible with this fixture?

Specfishin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok im gonna throw this out hear to see what comes up. I have the 8x54 power module. Im building a new 90gal and the fixture is nearly the same size as the tank. I wanted to add some LED's to the mix but can't because of the room i have over the tank. Im interested to know if i could replace one of the ballasts to a dimmable one and use something like the E5 bulbs?
My idea is one plug controls 2 bulbs and the other 6 are on the second bulb. I think bulb 3 and 5 are the two separate bulbs. I would like to control them to ramp up before and after the mane 6 bulbs come on and off. Avoiding the use of the standard T5 on the dimmable ballast because its hard on the bulbs and cuts there life. Would also consider an led bulb that will add that shimmer back to the tank. Any thoughts on this and is it possible with this fixture?

I read a article about the dimming function not shortening bulb lifespan as long as they're burned in full power(no dimming) for 50 hours. Also my canopy on my 75 barely allows fitment for the fixture, hence I cannot run led supplements like I was before this fixture. So my fix was to buy a bigger tank(265g). :rolleyes: But seriously, maybe some strip leds? Or a diy led in place of the 2 bulb slot?

Bigger tank.;)

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to invade this persons post. But see your T5's mounted fairly high. Question for you if you don't mind the ask. :)
I'm in the process of adding T5 supplement to my Ecotech Radion Pros. I went with two Reefbrite Supra T5's. How high off of the tank would you or anyone recommend in this thread suggest installing the T5's?

I decided to purchase 2- Blue+, an Actinic and a Purple+ to run on my tank.

The coral plus (dont quote me) is heavy on the green and red? Anyway those colors bring out the details in the coral, ontop of blue/actinic bulbs makes quick work for eye candy!

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to invade this persons post. But see your T5's mounted fairly high. Question for you if you don't mind the ask. :)
I'm in the process of adding T5 supplement to my Ecotech Radion Pros. I went with two Reefbrite Supra T5's. How high off of the tank would you or anyone recommend in this thread suggest installing the T5's?

I'm glad you asked first because I was getting ready to.

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4x80W + 1x39W+ Reefbrite XHOBLUE
Blue+, Blue+, Aquablue Special, Blue+, Blue+ and a 12" reefbrite strip centered in the front.
Screenshot_2016-12-06-13-08-23.png

Last edited:

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the whiter look too. Id like to add a longer reefbrite to enhance coral pop but keep the overall look whiter

My tank is 36" wide and a peninsula, so I added an LED strip down either side. I used 50/50 Reefbar Pros from 21ledusa. Not sure if they are as good as reefbrites but a heck of a lot cheaper.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I recently also purchased some new bulbs, but as opposed to the purple plus, I got a coral plus. I would love to see your lighting combination.

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 75g, a little to purple for my liking, changing up the combo tonight to something else. But below is what it is now:

Front
ATI Blue+
Giesemann Super Purple
Giesemann Super Actinic
ATI Blue+
ATI Coral+
ATI True Actinic
ATI Blue+
ATI Blue+
Back

What I am considering changing to.
Front
Blue+
Giesemann Super Actinic
Blue+
Blue+
Blue+
Coral+
ATI True Actinic
Blue+

This photo is was taken on 12/15/16...Had some cyano, no more, but will take updated picture with new bulb combo in later tonight.

12-15-16.jpg

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 36" wide and a peninsula, so I added an LED strip down either side. I used 50/50 Reefbar Pros from 21ledusa. Not sure if they are as good as reefbrites but a heck of a lot cheaper.
My current tank is 18" but my next one will be 36" wide as well and I plan to put a strip on both sides as well. Ill have to look into those strips when the time comes.

oceanslide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running 3 blue pluses and 1 purple plus with 1 radion in between them. Thinking about changing the setup after seeing all these photos. Should I do 3 blue+ and 1 coral+ orr 2 blue+ and 2 coral+?
How often are you guys changing out your bulbs? Thanks!

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an 8x54 over a Red Sea Reefer XL425. SPS dominant and currently run front to back:
B+
P+
B+
Actinic
Actinic
B+
C+
B+
Reefbrite XHO blue on the front of the fixture.

I am considering taking out the actinic and P+ and switching to all B+ and C+

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running 3 blue pluses and 1 purple plus with 1 radion in between them. Thinking about changing the setup after seeing all these photos. Should I do 3 blue+ and 1 coral+ orr 2 blue+ and 2 coral+?
How often are you guys changing out your bulbs? Thanks!
Id personally do 3 blue+ and 1 AB special but that is because I have that currently lol. I had a reason to remove my coral+ but I cant remember what it was. Im changing my bulbs every 10-12 months

OP
OP
enzo

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I haven't responded to this post but it looks like this is taking off on its own. I'm glad to see that a lot of you are sharing your light combination with pictures. Thank you and let's keeping it going.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run an 8x54 watt sunpower over my 90 gallon. It's a mixed reef with fairly equal parts sps, lps, and Zoas. I find running all 8 is only appreciated by the sps, and is just too much for the rest. So...I use the first channel (bulb sockets 3&6) for dawn dusk, and the second channel (remaining bulbs) for mid day. Even only 6 is a but much for my lps. anyhow here's my combos. White balance, overall color, brightness, and fluorescence are 99.9% accurate to what I see

Channel 1: dusk dawn
OFF
OFF
ATI True Actinic
OFF
OFF
ATI Blue +
OFF
OFF
IMG_8291.jpg

Channel 2: daytime
ATI Blue+
ATI Coral+
OFF
ATI Blue+
ATI True Actinic
OFF
ATI Coral+
ATI Blue+
IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8039.jpg

It's VERY blue as compared to my usual taste. But the lps seem to show better colors this way. The photos are pretty dang accurate as to what the eye sees. The coral+ bulb is a pretty cold white bulb as it is so as you can see it doesn't really so much shift the spectrum much warmer as it just increases overall brightness.

I previously ran all 8 bulbs under this combo
ATI Blue+
ATI Blue+
ATI True Actinic
ATI Purple+
Giesemann Tropic 6500k
ATI Blue+
ATI True Actinic
ATI Coral+

The 6500k bulb dominates the spectrum. Took all 7 other bulbs to tame it down some. I loved the look but really felt the need to reduce light levels, especially in the red end, hence getting rid of the 6500k and purple+

IMG_7925.jpg

Hope this helps some people

OP
OP
enzo

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the white look over the blue, you can see more corals when you show your tank in the last picture compared to your first couple. But that large colony of zoanthids on the left bottom of your tanks really shows in the blue lighting.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's interesting to see the different bulb combinations being used. Are we speaking strictly about aesthetics here or is one combo better for growth than another?

Back