0   0   0
The person I'm getting it from said I have a 50/50 chance of them getting along

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh nope, this guy work at a fish store before and now he's starting he's own lfs.
Ok, we'll you have to decide who to believe. Eatbreakfast and evolved, who's already chimed in here and wrote the articles I linked, are very experienced as well, with wrasses specifically. And they aren't trying to make sale with the info they are giving you.

OP
OP
R

r.bergonia19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, we'll you have to decide who to believe. Eatbreakfast and evolved, who's already chimed in here and wrote the articles I linked, are very experienced as well, with wrasses specifically. And they aren't trying to make sale with the info they are giving you.

Decision decision

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no decision. As cmcoker said, as I said, and as evolved will say: DO NOT put 2 of the same species in a tank together. It is NOT a 50/50 proposition. Many people who work at an LFS can be mistaken. I have worked at an LFS for the past 9yrs. DO NOT put 2 males of the same species together. Males of different species are far more tolerant of each other than of of males of the same species.

I would also avoid getting a male and a female of the same species as well, since females turn to male in most cases, and females are pretty hard to come by as actual females.

Again. To reiterate, although it has already been said: DO NOT get 2 males of the same species!

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the McCoskers will end up one. Six lines can be nasty towards other wrasses..

You could do a male McCoskers and another type of flasher wrasse or two. Only one male per species though.
So if I’m reading this right and all my Research…a fairy, flasher, and leopard wrasse should be able to mix well together?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I’m reading this right and all my Research…a fairy, flasher, and leopard wrasse should be able to mix well together?
They should be alright, and you can do several of each genus as long as they’re not the same species of non-leopard wrasses. This then gets confusing as for some reason, Anampses and Macropharyngodon seem to be much more unlikely to transition in captivity compared to Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus, Halichoeres, Coris which all transition in captivity no matter what.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back