Cherry Coral White Walker Zoas

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The green is actually just a slight tint to the canary yellow. The camera did a good job at picking it up. Here's another picture using the indoor setting on my phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404324733328.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404324733328.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 509

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those colors accurate or are they more blue in person?

Its 90% accurate... They're much brighter in person. They are more purple than blue, and much more yellow than what I'm able to capture

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for reference. This is my white velvet zoa, well what is left of it from 100+ down to 2p due to my tank crashing months ago.
Story behind this is it was only shared here in the bay area (California) by way of DBTC (don't break the chain). I got this frag from a friend who is a close friend of the person who discovered it they agreed that it never leaves the bay area and no one is allowed to sell. But for some reason someone broke the chain and who knows what happened next. This is from what I recall.
So I am very confident that this frag is from the original source and is the original white velvet.

still stress from the crash but these get big polyps.

OP
OP
birdmandan

birdmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for reference. This is my white velvet zoa, well what is left of it from 100+ down to 2p due to my tank crashing months ago.
Story behind this is it was only shared here in the bay area (California) by way of DBTC (don't break the chain). I got this frag from a friend who is a close friend of the person who discovered it they agreed that it never leaves the bay area and no one is allowed to sell. But for some reason someone broke the chain and who knows what happened next. This is from what I recall.
So I am very confident that this frag is from the original source and is the original white velvet.

still stress from the crash but these get big polyps.
That's a neat lineage. Hope those pull through for you!

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Truth, people just can't keep their promises or honor their word, ruining a good thing. Till this day I regret giving those out for free to certain individuals and SOME reefers whom I thought were honorable and trust worthy. People then turn around and start trading and selling that around even though it was a requirement that it doesn't from the beggining, selling them acroos the country, ebay and other coral forums.

SMH @ this hobby now a days. I've had that coral for years and named it on purpose that way to easily know if it gets out. Which I figured in the end it would. And it was named ORIGINALLY Green White Velvets for the actual colors that polyp presented and not some stupid cartoon marketing hyping name.

Last edited:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truth, people just can't keep their promises or honor their word, ruining a good thing. Till this day I regret giving those out for free to certain individuals and SOME reefers whom I thought were honorable and trust worthy. People then turn around and start trading and selling that around even though it was a requirement that it doesn't from the beggining, selling them acroos the country, ebay and other coral forums.

SMH @ this hobby now a days. I've had that coral for years and named it on purpose that way to easily know if it gets out. Which I figured in the end it would. And it was named ORIGINALLY Green White Velvets for the actual colors that polyp presented and not some stupid cartoon marketing hyping name.
i knew most of your story I didn't know originally they were called green white Velvets I got them as white Velvets about 3yrs again maybe longer.the seller I got mines from did say he would be banned if someone ever found out what he was doing. None the less it's a great looking zoa and I am proud to be an owner of such a gem

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i knew most of your story I didn't know originally they were called green white Velvets I got them as white Velvets about 3yrs again maybe longer.the seller I got mines from did say he would be banned if someone ever found out what he was doing. None the less it's a great looking zoa and I am proud to be an owner of such a gem

Oddly enough when doing research on mine before I acquired it I pretty much read the same story. And even found a post from someone saying he sold them to someone in the east. Perhaps that someone was you Jae. Anyway it is one of my favorites in the tank as well and I for one am glad they made their way east.

golfnut1232

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think it's an unrealistic expectation to sell a polyp or give a polyp to someone and expect ask them to not do the same here and there. Am I missing something? What's the point of doing this? To try and keep the price/value up of something you're not selling? I don't get it.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they just kind of wanted to keep it a Bay Area thing. I don't see anything wrong with it. They didn't put a value on it at all as it was being given away for free with the expectation that nobody would try to make money on it. That's the whole point of DBTC. Not really hard to get of you ask me

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's an unrealistic expectation to sell a polyp or give a polyp to someone and expect ask them to not do the same here and there. Am I missing something? What's the point of doing this? To try and keep the price/value up of something you're not selling? I don't get it.

This was put on my original requirement for folks that got it from me and others who end up getting it from other people.
The true intent of this, is to pass it around for free and grow out to be pass again and again with out any personal gain. If you can abide by this and ensure that anyone that you also pass down this coral to also abides by the same rules then you can have one.

1. To be grown out only to be given to DBTC, this piece will be given out as strictly DBTC pass around / grow out.
2. Whom ever it's given to shall also abide by the same requirement and shall put the same requirements to whom ever it's passed down to for DBTC
2. NOT to be offered for SALE or for TRADE ( I really don't want to see this in Ebay/CL/ coral forums offered for trade or sale.

It was to get to the basics of reefkeeping, enjoying the hobby, NO PROFETERING, no marketing, just enjoying and sharing it with LIKE minded people who you could trust, NO Gain was involved, NO value was intended = no intention of gain. One of the points of that specific dbtc was to ensure that polyp doesn't get hyped around in every forum, pasted with some stupid crazy marketing name and be sold for 100-600 a polyp. I guess unfortunately others couldn't resist being able to capitalize on a new polyp, make some money or gain from it be it cash/trade etc. My self and friends were tracking where these polyps were going and who was selling and trading them. Lesson learned I don't associate with those individuals anymore, luckily I never gave other polyps that I had that no one has ever seen, named or hyped that would easily rival some of these over priced and hyped pieces out there, or they would have done the same thing to those polyps like they have with the GWVs.

Now a days your seeing a lot of the wild ones or maricultured ones that look similiar to it. I seen the morphed ones too.

Sorry for side busting on the topic OP. Nice polyps btw.

Last edited:
OP
OP
birdmandan

birdmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was put on my original requirement for folks that got it from me and others who end up getting it from other people.
The true intent of this, is to pass it around for free and grow out to be pass again and again with out any personal gain. If you can abide by this and ensure that anyone that you also pass down this coral to also abides by the same rules then you can have one.

1. To be grown out only to be given to DBTC, this piece will be given out as strictly DBTC pass around / grow out.
2. Whom ever it's given to shall also abide by the same requirement and shall put the same requirements to whom ever it's passed down to for DBTC
2. NOT to be offered for SALE or for TRADE ( I really don't want to see this in Ebay/CL/ coral forums offered for trade or sale.

It was to get to the basics of reefkeeping, enjoying the hobby, NO PROFETERING, no marketing, just enjoying and sharing it with LIKE minded people who you could trust, NO Gain was involved. One of the points of that specific dbtc was to ensure that polyp doesn't get hyped around in every forum, pasted with some stupid crazy marketing name and be sold for 100-600 a polyp. I guess unfortunately others couldn't resist being able to capitalize on a new polyp, make some money or gain from it be it cash/trade etc. My self and friends were tracking where these polyps were going and who was selling and trading them. Lesson learned I don't associate with those individuals anymore, luckily I never gave other polyps that I had that no one has ever seen, named or hyped that would easily rival some of these over priced and hyped pieces out there, or they would have done the same thing to those polyps like they have with the GWVs.

Sorry for side busting on the topic OP. Nice polyps btw.
No problem! Isn't that what this hobby is all about? While I believe sharing is caring, I also think keeping gems like this private to a select few is what makes some corals so special. I wish I knew the origin of the white walkers a little better. I think I read somewhere that Todd from cc got them from a friend in Michigan. Someone needs to get him on this topic!

golfnut1232

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that's makes some sense. But, as you can see, because this particular polyp is now "out there" and being sold for cash that it's just not a completely realistic proposition. The only way to accomplish that is to just not share and where's the fun in that? : )

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still share but only to those in the inner circle now and to folks that I've thoroughly researched on their history, I don't give to people that I know sell a lot or have a history of being a seller in the hobby. Saw the GWVs so I only chimed in and wanted to tell the story in this. So in the future when you get this polyp you know what the story about is and see the darker side of reefkeeping where folks are there just for profiteering and gain.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back