Cherry Coral White Walker Zoas

golfnut1232

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where they came from but who's to say that they couldn't be collected from the wild again? This whole exclusivity thing just seems a bit silly to me. But to each his own. They definitely are awesome polyps.

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still share but only to those in the inner circle now and to folks that I've thoroughly researched on their history, I don't give to people that I know sell a lot or have a history of being a seller in the hobby. Saw the GWVs so I only chimed in and wanted to tell the story in this. So in the future when you get this polyp you know what the story about is and see the darker side of reefkeeping where folks are there just for profiteering and gain.

I can understand setting requirements for giving them out for free, but keeping them in the bay area only, seems like something that is kind of rude and elitest. People are capable of keeping a promise just as easily in other places, and just because you cannot keep tabs on every move they make, just points to being overly paranoid.

Zoas usually grow out pretty easily in most systems, if you really cared about not having them hyped and overpriced, you should have sold them for a dollar or two a polyp, then they would be more readily available, in more systems as a cheap polyp, rather than you saying that you knew this would happen, but still decided to do it anyway, and being upset that they are charging this much for them.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole white velvet drama is starting again? Dang, this was when I was just starting to collect zoas too.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a local program where I was located in, it was meant for people that could comply with the requirements set forth before they could receive the item. If they couldn't comply then it was mentioned to them ahead that don't bother asking for it if you couldn't meet the requirements. I was going to send some to Mucho in the east but was running with issues personally and tank issues that I couldn't do so. Again with the $$$ thing, I 've said multiple times there was no money nor gain intention, ( NOT A SINGLE PENNY) with this specific polyp as I didn't want it to receive the high priced hype etc that I've seen happen in this hobby time and time again.

there was nothing elitest about it, that was the program in the bay, I wasn't going to send out to individuals to other states that I didn't know that could comply to my requirements. IF people couldn't keep their promises already within the location what guarantee did I have with individuals outside the program and folks that I really didn't know. Paranoia was actually correct that it did get out and people were doing things they promised they were going to do and broke to be able to attain said polyp. Before you make any judgement on me, you don't know me nor what I have done for others in the hobby, not just for folks in the forums but for others that in the hobby but don't go on forums.

I'll stop at that as all this is doing is just hyping that coral as well. If you have any questions on things or further discuss this we can take it on PM I have no problem with that. PEACE

Sorry for derailment OP.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand setting requirements for giving them out for free, but keeping them in the bay area only, seems like something that is kind of rude and elitest. People are capable of keeping a promise just as easily in other places, and just because you cannot keep tabs on every move they make, just points to being overly paranoid.

Zoas usually grow out pretty easily in most systems, if you really cared about not having them hyped and overpriced, you should have sold them for a dollar or two a polyp, then they would be more readily available, in more systems as a cheap polyp, rather than you saying that you knew this would happen, but still decided to do it anyway, and being upset that they are charging this much for them.

Are you really attacking the guy for giving away something for free? Seriously? I commend him for giving away such a awesome coral and not asking for a penny in return. We need more of this in the hobby as far as I'm concerned.

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you really attacking the guy for giving away something for free? Seriously? I commend him for giving away such a awesome coral and not asking for a penny in return. We need more of this in the hobby as far as I'm concerned.

Not for giving it away for free, just the way that he was reacting to it getting out of the bay area.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG

Just at Cherry Corals and Todd showed me the White Walkers!

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They sell them for much less than they should!!!!!!!!!

So Beautiful

Butt I had to get my Electric Oompa Loompas .

I need to win the lotttety.

Broke the Bank

Last edited:

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got these as White Velvets.
14976019477_f66e3bc6d1_b.jpg

OP
OP
birdmandan

birdmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The odds. I was just on your website and saw that was included in a pack of yours. Awesome paly and an even more amazing pack!

OP
OP
birdmandan

birdmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any mature colonies of the white walkers (not white velvets). I'm interested in seeing if they have the green that the velvets have.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was making pun about it. Since some of your pieces have linage tagged on them and the WVs most came from a specific source.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody know how long White Walkers have been in the Hobby for?

I have only heard of them recently.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got White Walkers when I visited Cherry Corals today.

whitewalkers2.jpg

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another picture from some previously sold Cherry Corals White Walkers.

whitewalker.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My white velvets are growing very well just shipped out a few spreading that white velvet zoa luv :tongue:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back