Cleanup Crew

Chantelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 55g I have 2 nassarius,2 bumble bees, one tiny hermit, a tuxedo urchin, a starfish( upon more research probably wasn't a good idea) and an emerald crab. I know I need a lot more, but how many and what? I seem to battle algae issues, but I think the tank is cycling still. I was told I could transfer everything from the 30g and it wouldn't recycle( which doesn't seem to be the case)

NicksMixedReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a few more nassarius snails and you'll be set! lol those things are better than turbos in my opinion

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you switched everything over you started a minicycle. Check your parameters make sure your ammonia is 0 if not add prime and do water changes. I would run some gfo/gac. Once your parameters are stable (ammonia 0) add some more snails. I would add some cerith and margarita snails.

OP
OP
Chantelle

Chantelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you switched everything over you started a minicycle. Check your parameters make sure your ammonia is 0 if not add prime and do water changes. I would run some gfo/gac. Once your parameters are stable (ammonia 0) add some more snails. I would add some cerith and margarita snails.
I always add prime during top up. I'm not sure if it's of any benefit, but I buy my ro water from the store and my salt water from a home based reef supply.

OP
OP
Chantelle

Chantelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always add prime during top up. I'm not sure if it's of any benefit, but I buy my ro water from the store and my salt water from a home based reef supply.
I also just did a 48hr treatment with chemiclean

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build Your Own Reef Cleaner Package
How to build your own reef cleaner package? It's EASY! Fill your cart with $75.00 or more worth of inverts from the species pictured below, and we'll ship them to you at no additional charge* (shipping & handling is included in the prices listed). To call in your order, please tell the customer service representative you wish to build your own reef package Live Aquaria:D

OP
OP
Chantelle

Chantelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Chantelle

Chantelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build Your Own Reef Cleaner Package
How to build your own reef cleaner package? It's EASY! Fill your cart with $75.00 or more worth of inverts from the species pictured below, and we'll ship them to you at no additional charge* (shipping & handling is included in the prices listed). To call in your order, please tell the customer service representative you wish to build your own reef package Live Aquaria:D
Unfortunately I'm in Alberta, Canada so I don't think Live Aquaria is an option :(

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try 20 Bandet Trochus Snail 15 Cerith Snail 10 more Super Tongan Nassarius snal no hermits crab and Bumble Bees Snail.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermit crab kill snail for the shell.

OP
OP
Chantelle

Chantelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermit crab kill snail for the shell.
I had 2 electric blue legged hermits that I surrendered due to the fact I thought they were after my torch coral, seems they were just scavenging after my Acan had already killed it. They never bothered my snails, but my sand bed was littered with various shells I had added for them.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 electric blue legged hermits that I surrendered due to the fact I thought they were after my torch coral, seems they were just scavenging after my Acan had already killed it. They never bothered my snails, but my sand bed was littered with various shells I had added for them.
OK :)

OP
OP
Chantelle

Chantelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try 20 Bandet Trochus Snail 15 Cerith Snail 10 more Super Tongan Nassarius snal no hermits crab and Bumble Bees Snail.
I guess the bumble bees are moving over to the small tank. Thanks :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back