Cleanup Crew

Oceansize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did one of those Reef Cleaner packages from Live Aquaria. I'm very happy with what they DID send me, but they messed up the order, left out some items, and refused to make it right so buyer beware. I ordered a pair of red-banded cleaner shrimp that were not included in the package. When I called to notify them, they basically didn't believe me ("it says here sir that they DID include the shrimp in the package" "yeah well THEY are wrong, there are no shrimp whatsoever in the box" "I'm sorry sir, we can send some out to you right away but that will cost $$$$ in shipping" "no, I shouldn't have to pay shipping, you said free shipping as long as I order this much. You got the order wrong, you need to make it right etc etc etc" "I'm sorry sir there's nothing I can do yada yada yada")

Since you can't order from them anyway, I'd say just examine their packages online to see what makes a good balanced CUC and create your own.

On the subject of emerald crabs, they have been known to eat fish a fair size bigger than them so make sure its got other, more appropriate food. If you don't have any bubble algae you may need to supplement its diet.

OP
OP
Chantelle

Chantelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did one of those Reef Cleaner packages from Live Aquaria. I'm very happy with what they DID send me, but they messed up the order, left out some items, and refused to make it right so buyer beware. I ordered a pair of red-banded cleaner shrimp that were not included in the package. When I called to notify them, they basically didn't believe me ("it says here sir that they DID include the shrimp in the package" "yeah well THEY are wrong, there are no shrimp whatsoever in the box" "I'm sorry sir, we can send some out to you right away but that will cost $$$$ in shipping" "no, I shouldn't have to pay shipping, you said free shipping as long as I order this much. You got the order wrong, you need to make it right etc etc etc" "I'm sorry sir there's nothing I can do yada yada yada")

Since you can't order from them anyway, I'd say just examine their packages online to see what makes a good balanced CUC and create your own.

On the subject of emerald crabs, they have been known to eat fish a fair size bigger than them so make sure its got other, more appropriate food. If you don't have any bubble algae you may need to supplement its diet.
I call him the hulk Lol. He can lift a large rock with my toadstool on it. I try to target feed him every day. Thanks for the info :)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copy member post on Live Aquaria.:(
I want to caution locals considering dealing with this company. This week alone I have had two instances of this vendor advertising a coral for sale that was unhealthy. In the first instance they contacted me and I was able to cancel the order. In the second they shipped a partial order and did not ship the animal I was primarily interested in. Their customer service is inconsistent and I for one will not be doing future business with them. Also I discovered that, at some point, they appear to have been bought out by Petco.

OP
OP
Chantelle

Chantelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a Canadian Supplier that sells a cleaner pack, preferably with the blenny included?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back