Clown fish larvae on edge of tank

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s amazing, I’m going to try and raise the next batch that my black and white ocellaris lay. What was your tank maintenance and schedule like for the larvae pre meta?

OP
OP
S

steve_london_uk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s amazing, I’m going to try and raise the next batch that my black and white ocellaris lay. What was your tank maintenance and schedule like for the larvae pre meta?
I am by no means an expert but they hatched and still in a 10 or 11 litre plastic tank. I pretty much filled it with about 8 litres from the start and added a litre every other day(ish) then after about a week I was syphoning out around 1 to 1.5 litres every couple of days and slowly dripping in new water. Been doing pretty much the same since actually.

OP
OP
S

steve_london_uk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Quick question for the experts. They are all still seemingly doing well. I did a salinity check yesterday and it was at about 27 PPT!!! God knows why. I am slowly trying to bring it back down, what salinity do you recommend?

2. Also, when is it right to put them into a larger tank with a filter and piece of live rock? Also, how big of a tank? They are currently in a 12 litre tank but have a 55 one spare but will that be too big? I may even have a 25 litre in the garage. What do you recommend?

Look forward to your advice. Thank you. Steve.

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Quick question for the experts. They are all still seemingly doing well. I did a salinity check yesterday and it was at about 27 PPT!!! God knows why. I am slowly trying to bring it back down, what salinity do you recommend?
You mean 1.027 right?
I think you've mixed the two ways to measure the salinity. The ocean is around 35 ppt.

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean 1.027 right?
I think you've mixed the two ways to measure the salinity. The ocean is around 35 ppt.
I keep all my broodstock and larvae tanks at 25 ppt (1.020 sp. gravity). You can go as low as 20 ppt, even with most inverts.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back