Clownfish/Blue Spotted Jawfish Tankmate?

buttonreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I currently have a 25 gallon tank with a VERY peaceful and active clownfish pair (no aggression with them, at all they do their own thing) and super healthy blue spotted jaw fish. The clownfish stay in their host and the jaw fish in his burrow, so I have some open swimming space to fill. I have a small CUC consisting of hermits and sand conches. I want to add one more fish. Either one that will help manage hitchhikers on my corals (maybe a pink streaked wrasse?) or a nice showpiece or eccentric/rare fish.
Thanks!

IMG_1940.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
pink streaked or possum wrasse could help with pests but aren't guaranteed to do so once you start feeding the tank.

i would suggest a captive bred court jester goby which will help with keeping certain algae at bay, and then focus on good dipping/qt protocol for corals

OP
OP
buttonreefer

buttonreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pink streaked or possum wrasse could help with pests but aren't guaranteed to do so once you start feeding the tank.

i would suggest a captive bred court jester goby which will help with keeping certain algae at bay, and then focus on good dipping/qt protocol for corals
Thank you! :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back