Clownfish Breeding Data Journal Begins!!!

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool glad you are haveing good sucess
Thank you Mark, it's been a journey with hard work. I read, research, Google and still my larvae were dying, by 14 days only 2 left. I was loosing hope, so i reached out to gar732 and Wesley and good longtime friend Brian owner of clownfish depot. 3 factors that is critical in breeding, temp, rotifer and what you feed the rotifer. Once I manage to stable the items mention. The results are gratifying. Still hard work...lol
Stay tune to see some awesome picasso.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Mark, it's been a journey with hard work. I read, research, Google and still my larvae were dying, by 14 days only 2 left. I was loosing hope, so i reached out to gar732 and Wesley and good longtime friend Brian owner of clownfish depot. 3 factors that is critical in breeding, temp, rotifer and what you feed the rotifer. Once I manage to stable the items mention. The results are gratifying. Still hard work...lol
Stay tune to see some awesome picasso.
Your doing really good wish I had more time I would try it again but not for a few years I guess. Can't wait to see what they look like

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update on the offsprings
The grow out tank a 20g high currently eating TDO C1 and they are 76 days old
2nd tank are 47 days old eating TDO B2 and thus weekend will move them into a grow out tank. 2nd have less solid whites and more with full helmets...yippy a yay!

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I'm agreeing which is good and bad.
My male markings are profound than the female which is good. However because the male parents were Cquest onyx in several clusters many of the offspring are just onyx. On the positive side, many of the offspring look like the dad, and even more attractive. That being said my focus is on the male.

Clown fish lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad for me. hahaha i only realised it now. my pair was a picasso (female) and B&W (male). the offsprings came out to be kinda disappointing. =/ maybe time for me to break them up =x

Your offsprings look so good!

Paul Bradford

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all look great!! Congratulations!

How high did you have your aeration in the first week?

I've made one attempt and they all died within 18 hours. I think I added too many rotifers and didn't have enough aeration. Would love to hear your thoughts. I will be attempting again at the beginning of December.

mr9iron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this thread as it serves as an inspiration to me. I have a bonded pair of Gladiators that I hope to rear their fry some day.

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this thread as it serves as an inspiration to me. I have a bonded pair of Gladiators that I hope to rear their fry some day.
Thank you, gladiator are very nice. Main thing you need patient and time. Research and read as much you can before they spawn.

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all look great!! Congratulations!

How high did you have your aeration in the first week?

I've made one attempt and they all died within 18 hours. I think I added too many rotifers and didn't have enough aeration. Would love to hear your thoughts. I will be attempting again at the beginning of December.
I keep the aeration enough to move the water, keep the tank green and feed rotifer 3 times a day.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back