Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. Reading your thread is making me want to start raising clowns again. I'm no expert but if I can help out in any way, just let me know.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8006.JPG

Picture for today. Both pairs so far have readily taken brine shrimp and blood worms. Tomorrow they will get mysis/plankton/kill mixture. I turned the heater from 78 to 80. I suppose I'll start warming them up. I hope they take to the flower pots soon. So far they are sleeping by the divider... haven't seen them in the pots yet.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still doing well. Eating brine shrimp, blood worms, mysis, and some pellets. Starting to hang out in the pots. I have yet to get the hob overflow, I plan to order it soon.
IMG_8056.JPG
IMG_8057.JPG

YellowFinsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still doing well. Eating brine shrimp, blood worms, mysis, and some pellets. Starting to hang out in the pots. I have yet to get the hob overflow, I plan to order it soon.
IMG_8056.JPG
IMG_8057.JPG

Where do you get your baffles from? I cannot find any other than large thin acrylic sheets from Menards/Home Depot.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close ups please! Let's see those amazing patterns!
Out of town for the weekend, I'll try and get some good pics of them on Monday. It was hard enough to get my wife to feed them, can't imagine if I asked for pictures! ;Snaphappy
Where do you get your baffles from? I cannot find any other than large thin acrylic sheets from Menards/Home Depot.
I ordered the divider for the tank and the sumps baffles from a guy on eBay. https://m.ebay.com/itm/REFUGIUM-KIT...%3A1a2b363d15f0abc59fdd85fbfffbb754%7Ciid%3A2
I've purchased a dozen or so frag racks, divider, and sump kit from this seller.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get home tonight after work to find 3 clownfish on one side....and 1 on the other. Thankfully I know the pairs and which one doesn't belong..and thankfully he ended up on the other side of divider and not the floor! Time for a lid ;Greedy

Jlahr16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get home tonight after work to find 3 clownfish on one side....and 1 on the other. Thankfully I know the pairs and which one doesn't belong..and thankfully he ended up on the other side of divider and not the floor! Time for a lid ;Greedy
woah! close one. Glad he landed back in water for you, Beautiful clowns!

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are lucky they aren't laying yet, they get very territorial then. The pair would have killed the jumper if not caught quickly. I lost a latz that way.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been plumbing for years and your drain line is terrifying. Any type of suction drain can and will fail for sure. If you're not going to drill an overflow, it's worth the money to pick up a quality external overflow. My favorite is the CPR brand with an aqualifter pump attached. Works all the time, and doesn't lose siphon.
I'm going to order the cpr cs50 300gph with aqualifter. Is that sufficient for the 20g and 10g sump? Is my sicce 3.0 too much return for that? Maybe I should order a 2.0 to go with it. I want to make sure they are the right size for each other

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have a recommendation for a HOB overflow size vs return pump size?

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Near impossible to photograph with my phone. I need to get this sump running as well. I am thinking the Sicce 1.5 return pump (358gph) and the CPR hob over flow with aqualifter pump (300gph)
IMG_8181.JPG
IMG_8182.JPG

WestOhooligan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have a recommendation for a HOB overflow size vs return pump size?

Basically as long as the drain is rated higher than the pump, you're good. Remember, it doesn't matter if you have a 1200gph drain on a 350gph pump. But reverse that and you have problems. Too many people think they have to have a balancing act with the drain and pump, but like I said, just make sure the overflow box is rated higher than the return and you're golden.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically as long as the drain is rated higher than the pump, you're good. Remember, it doesn't matter if you have a 1200gph drain on a 350gph pump. But reverse that and you have problems. Too many people think they have to have a balancing act with the drain and pump, but like I said, just make sure the overflow box is rated higher than the return and you're golden.
That makes sense. Thanks!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back