Clownfish pair and Anemone stuck in shipping- Any suggestions

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No of course not but the two flats of toilet paper and your meow mix treats you like for dessert that could have been delivered from your grocery store or one of the several delivery service apps definitely are

You forgetting about all the un-need ventilators I have stockpiled... oh wait that was Cuomo...haha

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I just had the same occurence. USPS Express- package lost in transit, no idea where it is after 10 days. I think all shipping companies are overloaded right now and unfortunately some packages are falling through the cracks.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are reimbursing the original shipper. He has been great and is replacing the clowns for me with some more in his stock list (I was getting extreme Davincis, now Mocha Storms).

I would wait a few weeks.
The shipping issues are bad and getting worse.
I see no point in jeopardizing livestock this way.
But YMMV.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You forgetting about all the un-need ventilators I have stockpiled... oh wait that was Cuomo...haha
Rather have to many vents than too much cat treats or toilet paper. But to each is own. Additionally, Cuomo just proposed hazard pay for front line workers. Unexpected coral money the question is what do I want for the tank!

Last edited:

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will continue for more than a few weeks we will be wearing masks next year as well or until a vaccine is developed

Could be the case. I am no expert.
I know that many people even after the Covid threat is over, will still have things shipped over going out to get them.

Kinda like pizza delivery.
Its storming and unsafe to drive so lets order pizza and have it delivered..
What the &%#& !
So lets put others in danger. That's a real caring person leme tell ya.
Yes humanity at its finest... Don't ya know...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Inexcuseable !! This is what they do exclusively and after decades if they cant get a box from point A to point B - THEY'RE IN THE WRONG BUSINESS !
THEN TO LOSE IT ?

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that many people even after the Covid threat is over, will still have things shipped over going out to get them.

What the &%#& !
This individual just lost two fishes and a coral and you feel the need to rub their face in it. Yes humanity at its finest

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a warm and supporting environment with fellow reefers sharing similar mistakes trials errors failures and new adventures. I think you belong wherever your type congregate

P.S. had a coral shipped last week

Last edited:

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What the &%#& !
I used to love that when I was a pizza dude in college. It was a double sided coin, sometimes it stunk and sometimes it was awesome delivering in the snow. Nobody else would be out and my ‘88 horizon was awesome to slide around in with those pizza cutter tires. I do recall one of the worst ones though. I made a delivery down a private drive in a blizzard and the guy didn’t even bother to clear it. When I was leaving my car slid down his driveway and got stuck off to the side. I went and asked him for some help, he tossed a shovel out and slammed the door.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to love that when I was a pizza dude in college. It was a double sided coin, sometimes it stunk and sometimes it was awesome delivering in the snow. Nobody else would be out and my ‘88 horizon was awesome to slide around in with those pizza cutter tires. I do recall one of the worst ones though. I made a delivery down a private drive in a blizzard and the guy didn’t even bother to clear it. When I was leaving my car slid down his driveway and got stuck off to the side. I went and asked him for some help, he tossed a shovel out and slammed the door.
This reminded me of when I was a waitress. I always made great tips. Then there was this one table that ran me ragged. The bill was $99.98 and he paid with a 100 dollar bill and told me to keep the change. I met them by the door and said excuse me sir but you left this and handed him two cents and said you look like you need this more than me. Just my two cents

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminded me of when I was a waitress. I always made great tips. Then there was this one table that ran me ragged. The bill was $99.98 and he paid with a 100 dollar bill and told me to keep the change. I met them by the door and said excuse me sir but you left this and handed him two cents and said you look like you need this more than me. Just my two cents
Ha! I’ll never forget the houses like that. We all knew the addresses and wgg he en one came up in the que everyone mysteriously vanished. I had a cheapskate on one of them put in an order for $8.97 (the minimum was $8). I’m a pizza dude, we don’t carry coin change, nor had I ever had anyone ever ask me for coin change, until this dude. I dug through my car for .03 and they just went inside. Same house used to put in $40-60 orders and come to the door with a ziplock bag of coins. I guarantee they got over on us, but nobody has time to sit and count that out with five other orders sitting in the car.

OP
OP
J

Jdavenp3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What the &%#& !

Not sure how I am putting anyone in any unnecessary danger that isn't already there to begin with? I guess we could all stop getting shipments and then have the government add more tax dollars to bail out the shipping companies ala the aircraft industry. If they cannot back their order requirements then that service needs to be suspended until they are able to follow through. I fully believe this has nothing to do with their ability to get packages to the customer, it went from Louisiana to Memphis TN in less than 3 hours-and then vanished. Fedex botching packages is not a new phenomena since Covid unfortunately spread across the states.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how I am putting anyone in any unnecessary danger that isn't already there to begin with? I guess we could all stop getting shipments and then have the government add more tax dollars to bail out the shipping companies ala the aircraft industry. If they cannot back their order requirements then that service needs to be suspended until they are able to follow through. I fully believe this has nothing to do with their ability to get packages to the customer, it went from Louisiana to Memphis TN in less than 3 hours-and then vanished. Fedex botching packages is not a new phenomena since Covid unfortunately spread across the states.
Absolutely shipping companies have been performing subpar for a long as I can remember

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I need to apologize to all here.

My intent was stated poorly and improperly.

All I meant is maybe we all should just wait on having livestock shipped for the benefit of both parties. The buyer and the livestock.

My apologies @Jdavenp3 especially.
I did not mean to rub your nose in the situation as @Thespammailaccount pointed out.

One of my employees came from 5 years of delivering pizza and made that very statement to me, I realized I unconsciously have done the same in the past but have not done so since. :(

OP
OP
J

Jdavenp3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All I meant is maybe we all should just wait on having livestock shipped for the benefit of both parties. The buyer and the livestock.

I did not mean to rub your nose in the situation as @Thespammailaccount pointed out.

One of my employees came from 5 years of delivering pizza and made that very statement to me, I realized I unconsciously have done the same in the past but have not done so since. :(

Its fine. I understood where you were coming from, no hard feelings. Always willing to engage in civil conversations about all manner of things...

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok now I feel bad sorry about that. No worries buddy

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back