Controller cabinet ideas

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to buy a cabinet I can use to house all my controllers and power bars. My issue is the besta cabinet is out of stock locally and hasn’t been in stock for awhile now. Can I see some DIY controller cabinets or a alternative?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DIY cabinet

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for ideas as well. I just moved all my controllers up onto the counter top.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Turn the shelves 90 degrees and mount to sides using angle brackets. Then mount whatever to shelves.
Was $60 when I bought it a year ago.

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made my stand and canopy but chose to look in a local antique shop for the controller cabinet and ended up finding a cool 70's metal piece that was likely in some automotive shop. I drilled some holes in the sides and then added some grommets. I still need to wrap the wires in some loom to tide things up but I dig it.

60_cube_photo.jpg

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump.

I am struggling with this same problem. I have been searching for a few weeks now and am yet to find something compatible. I kinda liked the idea of the single glass door. Plus the besta cabinet matches the look of most Aquarium stands.

I am also considering making something that attaches to the side of my stand, so any examples of that would be appreciated.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to buy a cabinet I can use to house all my controllers and power bars. My issue is the besta cabinet is out of stock locally and hasn’t been in stock for awhile now. Can I see some DIY controller cabinets or a alternatives

I know this may sound annoying, but one of the secrets to happiness and success in this hobby is patience. Impulsive decisions are usually a waste of money and don't look well thought out. I would urge you to spend the downtime planning out your setup and really making it something you're proud of.

Screenshot_20210216-165152.png

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this may sound annoying, but one of the secrets to happiness and success in this hobby is patience. Impulsive decisions are usually a waste of money and don't look well thought out. I would urge you to spend the downtime planning out your setup and really making it something you're proud of.

So true. I have been working on my build since November and there's not even water in it yet.

Btw love the Kali muscle picture.

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve been surprised with how patient I’ve been with this build lol I actually went custom and it’s been in the works for awhile now just waiting for the guy to finish other projects. I’ll post the cabinet when he’s done!

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a old stereo cabinet that I'm using. All I need to do is finish it and hang everything to the back of it. i just have been to busy to finish it. I got the plywood to cover the back of thee cabinet. but just haven't finished it. which I doubt I will. i'm planning on building a new stand this spring for the dt. making it ten feet in length but the DT is only 7 feet long. planning on putting a 20 next to it.

Last edited:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 102 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back