OP
Selcuk Alpaycetin

Selcuk Alpaycetin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys ,

So far so good aquariums and systems filed with ROdi water and already salted and started to adding Aquaforest Bio S.
System was up and running without chiller but there was a small leak so have to shut down system.

WhatsApp Image 2016-10-29 at 11.55.12.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-10-29 at 11.55.15.jpeg
Look down view
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-29 at 11.55.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-10-29 at 11.55.24(1).jpeg
And here is the Jetstream 1
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-29 at 11.55.24.jpeg

Still need furniture to gather things up. :/

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, what an amazing build!

I do have a question. I thought rimless aquariums needed to be on plywood and then use the foam to help evenly spread the weight onto the plywood. Is my thinking wrong on this? Did you have the aquarium built in such a way that it is designed for this type of stand?

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I do have a question. I thought rimless aquariums needed to be on plywood and then use the foam to help evenly spread the weight onto the plywood. Is my thinking wrong on this? Did you have the aquarium built in such a way that it is designed for this type of stand?
That's exactly what my understanding is too. I did not catch that..

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There appears to be pink foam under both tanks in the latest pictures.

Nice build!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There appears to be pink foam under both tanks in the latest pictures.

Nice build!
He has the pink foam, but he is missing the plywood that normally goes between the foam and the bracing. Might not have phrased my question well enough.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has the pink foam, but he is missing the plywood that normally goes between the foam and the bracing. Might not have phrased my question well enough.
Ah. My bad, read it the other way. According to Reed Savvy, you need a plywood base with 1" foam. I think you can only have a frame only stand with a tank that has a rim.

OP
OP
Selcuk Alpaycetin

Selcuk Alpaycetin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. My bad, read it the other way. According to Reed Savvy, you need a plywood base with 1" foam. I think you can only have a frame only stand with a tank that has a rim.

İndeed there is a pink foam about 1,2" but there is too much pressure between Tank glass, water and rocks so that foam is look like 1/2" :)

Really like the aquascape. Mind sharing some details on the leak? Was it a plumbing joint?
Thank you. Aquascapeing is the hardest part because i wantted to use few rock to maintain more corals and there is also fish to maintain i try to make holes caves tunnesl even a small bay inspiring from my instagram account Coral_bay :) to enjoy the aquarium.

About the leak i think there is a fabrication mistake with one or two pipe. it will be handled by using glue.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
İndeed there is a pink foam about 1,2" but there is too much pressure between Tank glass, water and rocks so that foam is look like 1/2" :)
My concern is the lack of plywood underneath the foam. I'm hoping your tank manufacturer is ok with not having the plywood. The rimless tank manufacturers in the USA require both plywood (or other solid surface) and foam under the tank.

And I have to agree with the others, the aquascape is fantastic!

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Aquascapeing is the hardest part because i wantted to use few rock to maintain more corals and there is also fish to maintain i try to make holes caves tunnesl even a small bay inspiring from my instagram account Coral_bay :) to enjoy the aquarium.

About the leak i think there is a fabrication mistake with one or two pipe. it will be handled by using glue.

Thanks for sharing. You really did a great job creating a nice scape. Good luck with the leak and congrats again!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

OP
OP
Selcuk Alpaycetin

Selcuk Alpaycetin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again everyone,

Sorry to late posts and improvements 2 weeks ago i had health problem and it took 2 days at hospital. After that i did not feel very well so couldnt post anything.
So what i have done at 2 weeks.
Aquarium Furniture is done
Plumbing is done
Wavemakers take its place
lights done
Chiller done
:)
So here is a few prograssion video.This video taken at 11-11-2016

Video taken with new GoProHero 5. Still trying to figure that small device.by the way here is my instagram account https://www.instagram.com/mercan_korfezi/ hope you like it.
Tomorrow i am going to add some more videos and photos.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good and hope you're feeling better!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back