OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes great thread thanks for posting it.
I would also like to know exactly what you do.
Do you let them in the tank to inject? put them in a bowl? or just take them out and do it?
Do you inject in the middle of the stem?
Are you using Kent marine super iodine suppliment? or Kent marine tech 1 long acting iodine?
Sorry if I missed those answers. I did read the whole thread but have a short memory lol.

You've had awesome results. I don't think it's a fluke this worked.
If anyone is gonna try it I'd suggest using the same kind of iodine. As mentioned before theres many different kinds and concentrations.

kass
I have done both in the tank and out, just depends on whether they are attached or not.
I have injected int he stem and in the mat with good results both.
Using Kent's Super Iodine/iodide.
Here is a pic from today. Doing awesome and regained colors. My PPE are also spitting out 2 new babies. I did those too as posted before when a couple of them were dieing. Now I am doing a new PE type that was not doing too well and not opening. No pics yet but will get some and update as they progress.
iodineinjection0509.jpg

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the Arms from which I first did the injections. Pic taken today. So sweet I did not loose them. These are really touchy too. I have a frag off of them for a growout that are not doing as well as I would like so may have to do the injections also.
And once again-I have no experiance with any type of Iodine except Kent's Super Iodine so at your risk if you want to try another type.
armsinjection0509.jpg

kass03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some Kents today and experimented on a few I had. They were pretty far shrunken though so mighta been to late.

Injecting not as easy as I thought lol. The first one I tried on a paly and it shot through the other side. I was more careful after that.

I'll see what happens. I have it on hand now so can treat sooner if it happens again.

Thanks
kass

Last edited:

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested on two today, 1x valentinesday massacre, (wasnt that bad) and one creamsicle I want to bring to life badly.

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
read thru the thread again and cant find any pattern of frequency per pollyp.

How often did you inject in the end that gave the best results?

jamirlima

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rastas were opened from day one and all of a sudden since last 3-4 days they are closed. I also have couple of PE frags that are not opening. So I am going to hunt for insulin syringe and needles tomorrow to do this project. Just not sure how i can inject rastas since they are so so small but with PE I think i should be ok since they are bigger.

jamirlima

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I ended up injecting 2 units each polyp. I knew that each line were 2 units but when i started injecting i completely forgot and so all my PE got 2 units shot. Hopefully i did not overdo it. Used Kent Iodine. 1 CC (100 units 1 ml) 29 guage needle.

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried this on my candy apple reds and they died within 2 days. :( They were closed up for a few weeks so i thought i might as well try it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back