CRYING, VELVET, HELP

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyp lab worked for me along with heavy feeding keep them fat feed extra nori especially n they’ll fight it off…I noticed about a hour I put it in the fish got very irritated tho but eventuatpulled thru it does not work overnight I’ll tell you

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then get live brine anything they’ll eat feed 4x a day literally that’s what I did eventually they beat it tangs imo r the hardest but get them tummy’s poppin out!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get videos to load. I am trying to post it to YouTube for you. I have been treating the tank with cupramine.

Are the fish still in a full dose of Cupramine?

The tang's respiration rate is still elevated. No ich spots, but that blotchy skin can be a sign of a secondary bacterial infection - these crop up sometimes after severe bouts of ich. Treatment is typically a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic like Furan-2 or Neoplex.

Jay

OP
OP
RELLIK-REEF

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to feed that much in a small 20gallon breeder. Seems like everyone else was saying not to feed that much. But I feed right before the water change. I usually feed twice. I give them aqueon flakes, omega veggie pellets and a half cube of music. Try that twice then when it seems they've had enough I do their water.

OP
OP
RELLIK-REEF

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the fish still in a full dose of Cupramine?

The tang's respiration rate is still elevated. No ich spots, but that blotchy skin can be a sign of a secondary bacterial infection - these crop up sometimes after severe bouts of ich. Treatment is typically a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic like Furan-2 or Neoplex.

Jay
What would be your suggestion?
Yes a full dose, it said 14 days correct? Which would be on this Wednesday.

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to feed that much in a small 20gallon breeder. Seems like everyone else was saying not to feed that much. But I feed right before the water change. I usually feed twice. I give them aqueon flakes, omega veggie pellets and a half cube of music. Try that twice then when it seems they've had enough I do their water.
I have a 36 gallon with a baby hippo that just got over it now my newest addition yellow coris wrasse has it but he’s surviving also with lots of shrimp and pods I’m sure he’ll pull thru as well he was added 2 weeks ago…this time I believe it’s ich I started over 4 months ago they all got over it np with heavy feedings and maybe help from my uv

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
RELLIK-REEF

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36 gallon with a baby hippo that just got over it now my newest addition yellow coris wrasse has it but he’s surviving also with lots of shrimp and pods I’m sure he’ll pull thru as well he was added 2 weeks ago…this time I believe it’s ich I started over 4 months ago they all got over it np with heavy feedings and maybe help from my uv
If they make it through these next couple days that may be how ill go about it. I feel that they are stressed in this small tank. Hopefully they pull through. I hate seeing animals in pain.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Pic angles are quite bad and I cant see any evidence of velver However tang especially shows secondary bacterial infection(s). My concern right now is what treatment regimen you were doing beforehand and I recall Jay working with you on this, and I tend to stand back and let him use his expertise on these matters
I personally would you kanaplex but work with Jay on this .

OP
OP
RELLIK-REEF

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic angles are quite bad and I cant see any evidence of velver However tang especially shows secondary bacterial infection(s). My concern right now is what treatment regimen you were doing beforehand and I recall Jay working with you on this, and I tend to stand back and let him use his expertise on these matters
I personally would you kanaplex but work with Jay on this .
I posted a video on page 5

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be your suggestion?
Yes a full dose, it said 14 days correct? Which would be on this Wednesday.

It's a tough call. I think you need to keep these fish in Cupramine at least 14 days. Secondary infections are difficult to control, but Kanaplex would be a good antibiotic to try.

Jay

OP
OP
RELLIK-REEF

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a tough call. I think you need to keep these fish in Cupramine at least 14 days. Secondary infections are difficult to control, but Kanaplex would be a good antibiotic to try.

Jay
Unfortunately my beautiful little naso did not pull through. When I got up this morning he was upside down in his hide box, so sad to see.
14 days will be this Wednesday. I have elected to take out the Clown tang and two blizzard clowns out and put them back into the display as they were all full of energy and eating a lot. One of the Valmingis still has a little bit of a hazy eye but it has for sure got a lot better than when we started this. I'm going to keep these two in the ht for at least another week. I figured this would cut down on a lot of stress for all of them.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my beautiful little naso did not pull through. When I got up this morning he was upside down in his hide box, so sad to see.
14 days will be this Wednesday. I have elected to take out the Clown tang and two blizzard clowns out and put them back into the display as they were all full of energy and eating a lot. One of the Valmingis still has a little bit of a hazy eye but it has for sure got a lot better than when we started this. I'm going to keep these two in the ht for at least another week. I figured this would cut down on a lot of stress for all of them.
Sorry to hear that.
Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back