Crypto wins the gamble- QT Journal

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught the mandarin! Omg, this was hilarious. Was showing off the disco light on radions and noticed the mandarin went into a "trance" when the lights went nuts. Grabbed a net and scooped him right out! Of course, I video taped it [emoji13]

Wow lucky break and funny!!!

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishing day! Caught two so far. Had the flame wrasse too, but he got away from me and back into the tank - little stinker.

5076d420d3fca13ff09123422e767f9e.jpg

Rally bath:
43eeb142c5136fc2de0c43bf2953b709.jpg

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) you had better luck than me! Mine was a nightmare to catch. In the end I took half the rock out! That's even trying a fish trap

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trick with a fish trap is having really good bait lol I have shad roe in that thing, that's what's really bringing them in. I think the tang might be next, he's getting brave.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trick with a fish trap is having really good bait lol I have shad roe in that thing, that's what's really bringing them in. I think the tang might be next, he's getting brave.
You are officially invited if I ever have to take my DT fallow! ;Playful

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I was just in the process of convincing myself to skip TTM/copper with my red lined wrasse because I don't want to throw out that much sand for TTM and they seem to be relatively intolerant of CP and cupramine. However after reading this thread through, maybe I'll reconsider!

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I was just in the process of convincing myself to skip TTM/copper with my red lined wrasse because I don't want to throw out that much sand for TTM and they seem to be relatively intolerant of CP and cupramine. However after reading this thread through, maybe I'll reconsider!

Don't do it! So far, only one of the 5 wrasses seemed like it might be copper-intolerant, the flame, but I didn't take it to therapeutic level to find out. The other two that were with him were fine. And, I have a lineatus wrasse that's been at therapeutic level for going on three weeks now without any issues.

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With more copper sensitive fish such as angels and wrasses you should consider switching to a Chelated copper such as Copper Safe or Copper Power.

I'm considering trying coppersafe. Which test kits will work with it?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API works well with CopperSafe.

I tried fairy wrasses several times with Brightwell's ionic copper product, and watched them die unpleasantly over as little as a day or two. Once I moved to chelated, I've been able to get wrasses through QT and into my display on a pretty regular basis.

~Bruce

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, unfortunately after calling all my local shops...no coppersafe. I'd have to order it, and I was hoping to start adding copper today. I might just have to stick with the cupramine.

Current status: can't catch the dang tang. He was going into the trap, and back out faster than I could approach to close the door. Then, my H netted the clowns and freaked him out. Hoping he comes around again, I'm holding a string so if he gets in I can drop it from my seat lol

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, unfortunately after calling all my local shops...no coppersafe. I'd have to order it, and I was hoping to start adding copper today. I might just have to stick with the cupramine.

Current status: can't catch the dang tang. He was going into the trap, and back out faster than I could approach to close the door. Then, my H netted the clowns and freaked him out. Hoping he comes around again, I'm holding a string so if he gets in I can drop it from my seat lol
Did you try Petco? They usually carry coppersafe.

Good luck with the Tang I can never catch mine without breaking the tank down [emoji24]

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question: new development for my not-really-eating regal angel

It's eating something, it just took a huge #2. Mostly red, so I think it's been picking at the red sponge I put in there with it. Or the red algae. But, after the bm I noticed a white string hanging...internal parasites.

It's not eating, I'm not sure how to get it to take the metro/focus. Also, I'm getting ready to start copper and kanaplex. Will adding it to the water help at all? @Humblefish @melypr1985

With all those fish I might add another powerhead at the surface. I do have an airline to throw in too.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try Petco? They usually carry coppersafe.

Petco stores near me carry "Kordon Safe Copper-Aid" which isn't the same thing at all. It's probably chelated copper, but you'll need at least three bottles to do what they claim one will do. Took me three and a half bottles to bring a 75 gallon into therapeutic range.

~Bruce

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 73 29.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 71 29.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 52 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back