Cupramine and Ich on Hippo Tang

MetaKnight101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there reefers, I am into one week of quarantining my blue hippo tang who had ich. Its been one week the blue hippo tang has been in Copper (Cupramine) with a concentration of .06 and a small speck of white today appeared I can't really tell what it is. Its so small and faint. I can only infer it be ich but my copper levels have stayed constant at .06 (a bit high but hes fine in it, still eating and swimming active like normal) So does anyone know what it is ill try to provide some pictures. I do aslo have a couple of other fish in there some clowns and a sail-fin tang but they do not appear to have any symptoms of ich.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MetaKnight101

MetaKnight101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately my camera couldn't capture the small faint speck but This is the condition my Blue tang is in right now

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What copper test kit are you using? Therapeutic range for Cupramine is 0.4-0.5 mg/L.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The small Ich dot left but 2 ich tiny dots appeared on his head, I retested cupramine and it still says .6

How long have the dots been there? If >7 days it must be something other than ich.

OP
OP
MetaKnight101

MetaKnight101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have the dots been there? If >7 days it must be something other than ich.
This is the 9th day of quarantining but the dots popped up today, I could be looking at something else but it looks kinda looks bulgy and biggish like ich, I can't observe him rn since he sleeping under the PVC pipe and its hard to get a good look

Last edited:
OP
OP
MetaKnight101

MetaKnight101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the 9th day of quarantining but the dots just popped up-today, I could be looking at something else but it looks kinda looks bulgy and biggish like ich, I can't observe him rn since he sleeping under the PVC pipe and its hard to get a good look

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back