Custom acrylic tank manufacturers

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to get some recomendations to build an Acrylic 240 gallon. (yes acrylic, if your house moved around as much as mine did you'd do acrylic too.):D

My local company that did great work closed their shop.:(

Now I'm in the process if trying to find someone else to make my tank. Has anyone had experience with Tenecor? http://www.tenecor.com/

OP
OP
da6d2003

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they also local to you? i would never have one shipped from too far away......just too expensive now a days.

Yeah that is the largest problem. They're in Phoenix which is about 400 miles away. Not too bad.

OP
OP
da6d2003

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump...Any suggestions from folks in the Western part of the country?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look at how much it would cost for you to get the acrylic cut yourself and build it. Then look at how much it would cost for you to have it built by a company and shipped. Building acrylic tanks are pretty straight forward, I don't want to say it's easy but it isn't as difficult as you might think. What I did was went to Garf and used their calculator to see what thickness it recommends and got all the measurements for what ever size gallon your looking for. Then take that info to a acrylic place and see how much it would cost to have it cut for you then you Weldon the pieces yourself. All you really need is some clamps and wood braces to hold the pieces in place while you chemically weld them.

anomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out our local guy. http://www.spaquatics.com/

He does make and ship them out all over the country but yeah, I guess shipping to CA would be a concern. I've seen many of his tanks in person and they are great. No bubbles in the seam, rounded edges, coast-to-coast overflows (both internal and external). Calfo was a speaker here earlier this year; saw his tanks and bought one. ;)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 62 27.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 47 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back