0   0   0

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the reef octopus thread I tagged u in before

And a 800 dollar skimmer half off retired or not that's a deal u can still get parts for the pump

OP
OP
Craig Skinner

Craig Skinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GoVol my first pick was the NYOS 220, I really liked it but as I researched it I found reefers that were having serious issues with it's cup removal, one guy from Texas actually had to get a buddy to hold onto it while he used his strength to remove it, it was like it was welded on and he broke it, he called NYOS and EcoTech I believe and they were of no assistance at all so he just went out and bought a Reef Octopus Regal skimmer to replace it.

Has NYOS fixed this problem?

I went looking elsewhere because I didn't want to take a chance, I wouldn't have a spare 800 dollars hanging around to purchase another skimmer like that gentleman had too!!!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me that's a deal I would jump on

My skimmer is retired u know what that means?
I have a skimmer that was half off.
The auto neck cleaner was half off
I loaded up on all the parts I would need at guess what half off.
If my pump breaks they still make it so I'm not loading anything there

There hasn't been an update on a skimmer design in years just fancy new designs that do the same thing but they still charge u a grand for the same thing a retired skimmer does.

image.jpg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the reef octopus thread I tagged u in before

And a 800 dollar skimmer half off retired or not that's a deal u can still get parts for the pump
Did you see the mess that @hybridazn went through with Coralvue. :mad:

And it took them months to answer my question about the Giesemann Futura S light.

That kind of customer service is not right and that turns me off as a consumer.

But... (lol) that's JMO. :)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see the mess that @hybridazn went through with Coralvue. :mad:

And it took them months to answer my question about the Giesemann Futura S light.

That kind of customer service is not right and that turns me off as a consumer.

But... (lol) that's JMO. :)
No I didn't see that. Knock on wood everything has been good for me but yea if there is a problem out then def look into it that's a shame as it's a quality product

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GoVol my first pick was the NYOS 220, I really liked it but as I researched it I found reefers that were having serious issues with it's cup removal, one guy from Texas actually had to get a buddy to hold onto it while he used his strength to remove it, it was like it was welded on and he broke it, he called NYOS and EcoTech I believe and they were of no assistance at all so he just went out and bought a Reef Octopus Regal skimmer to replace it.

Has NYOS fixed this problem?

I went looking elsewhere because I didn't want to take a chance, I wouldn't have a spare 800 dollars hanging around to purchase another skimmer like that gentleman had too!!!
There hot but seem to be hit or miss. :confused:

Got a friend in England and he just found a design flaw in his NYOS and NYOS wont respond.

OP
OP
Craig Skinner

Craig Skinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Justin that looks like a nice skimmer in your sump!!

I will have to go over to that thread you tagged me in.

I know your right about the money for sure and designs, I got hooked on the Octopuses controllability and it's DC. Pump!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't me micheal have a problem as well and nyos didn't help him who he bought it from did?
Yeah,
It was bad out of the box and PA fixed him up.
But @SPR1968 has found a true design flaw and you can't clean the down tube because it's sealed but gunk got into his tube.

OP
OP
Craig Skinner

Craig Skinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would NYOS be so irrisponsable with their new customers, especially with a brand new product that they were flaunting at the big expo's???

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would NYOS be so irrisponsable with their new customers, especially with a brand new product that they were flaunting at the big expo's???
I agree and I think Ecotech should step up to the plate too.

OP
OP
Craig Skinner

Craig Skinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree GoVol!!
Seems awful foolish of them!

I was thinking of using a few EcoTech products in my new build but this has put a stick in my spokes as they say in my thinking for future purchases from them.

I'm going to keep watching what they do or do not do before I get hasty!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom aquariums deserve custom skimmers

20170505_024501.jpg

Contact @geo to talk about these skimmers. The ehiem 1262 with a needlewheel is a beast skimmer pump. My skimmer uses 2 lol

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20170505_024501.jpg

Contact @geo to talk about these skimmers. The ehiem 1262 with a needlewheel is a beast skimmer pump. My skimmer uses 2 lol
Can't beat good ole GEO.
I might contact them next year to build me a custom Purigen reactor and (lol) Reef Synergy is in my home town but I like GEO much better.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Craig. If you had not included them in your research, check out Coast to Coast Custom Aquariums. Tell them what you're getting from the other vendor, and how much they're asking. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Also, another GHL Profilux recommendation here. LOL! Not so scary as you might think.

OP
OP
Craig Skinner

Craig Skinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CastAway I'm going GHL PROFILUX P4 all the way and no one is going to talk me out of that chose, lol! I've researched the Profilux P4 for countless hours, compared it to a number of other controllers out there and for me it's just a solid decision/investment in my Reefing future!! In my not so humble opinion on this matter.

I will check out Coast to Coast but I will admit I have had Reef Savvy in my sights for years!

Coast to Coast would have to be just as awesome in building tanks and a large price difference to sway me away from Felix and his lovely wife and their outstanding reputation!!!!!

OP
OP
Craig Skinner

Craig Skinner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20170505_024501.jpg

Hi hybridan!
Just checked out GEO's website, I didn't see any skimmers it just said they were coming.

They have really nice sumps and I shot them an e-mail asking them if they build custom sumps.

I need someone to build me a custom sump utilizing a Theil Rollermat in place of the filter socks, I don't want anything to do with socks at all!!

Hopefully they will reply to my e-mail.

I've sent 2 other well known sump builders an e-mail but sadly neither one has even replied at all, which kinda ticks me off and surprises me considering who they are! Disappointed for sure!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back