Do Hydroid jellyfish attach to fish?

JennyGutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ive seen white spots again after 2 fallow periods and e0 day copper treatment. Im soooo bummed and dreading this again. Is it possible that the hydroid jellyfish little white specs that are on my glass, do they attach to fish? The other day when my foxface had 2 white spots it looked like one was hanging on literally by a thin string of some sort...very small and hard to see...few min later one of the dots was gone. Next day the other dot was gone too..i assumed ic cause i have had outbreaks in the past but I treated with copper and fallow period so it wasn't making sense. Ive seen white spots twice since the fallow period. Both appearances were after glass cleaning in which hydroids were knocked off glass and within 1 day the spots were gone and never more than 2 to 3...so im wondering if instead of ich those little white dot hydroid jelly fish are attaching to my foxface .....any help appreciated cause i was planning another fallow/copper in qt period and frankly id rather be shot!! Lol

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I know off that Hydroids will attach to fish.
Lets wake up the squad ;)

#reefsquad

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure this isn't just sand grains that are getting stuck in the slime coat of the fish? Sometimes extra slime can surround an irritating speck of sand which might look like a very small string. Maybe.

OP
OP
JennyGutt

JennyGutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thats possible. Will sand stay on for 1 day like that? And will ich only stay on for 1 day then disappear. And its less than 3 specs each time. Wish i knew how to tell. I wanted to qt and add the rest of the fish on my list but not if i still have ich n my system.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thats possible. Will sand stay on for 1 day like that? And will ich only stay on for 1 day then disappear. And its less than 3 specs each time. Wish i knew how to tell. I wanted to qt and add the rest of the fish on my list but not if i still have ich n my system.

Ich would stay attached to the fish for 3-7 days in the same spot.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gut tells me it's not a hydroid. I've seen them on fish, but I could easily tell what it was. If you're able to tell what they are on the glass, you'd be able to easily tell it was the same thing on your fish. The fact you have doubts tells me its something different.

OP
OP
JennyGutt

JennyGutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea...however he won't be still long enough for me to tell....lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back