Does throwing out coral make you feel guilty?

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to prune my red monti and my gsp yesterday and didnt have time to run it to lfs. They were about to touch rocks i didnt want them on. So i had to chuck them. Made me feel guilty seeing as corals are going extint in nature. Does anyone else feel guilty doing this? Should i even care?

isaacfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are not running a natural tank don’t feel guilty we as humans our job it to make sure the planet stays in healthy condition which also means no overgrowth to prune your garden so it can grow better and so it looks desirable so don’t feel guilty but next time if you have a hospital tank and the water levels are good the put the frags you made it there and sell them or give them away sharing is awesome and it feels good too

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. They don’t stop growing though, and it seems everyone has a full tank lately and summer is coming. So it leaves little choice besides constantly setting up more tanks.

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find someone who may take them and pay for shipping. I know gor the right pieces and kinds I would be up gor doing that. The red Monti I would be interested in

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to prune my red monti and my gsp yesterday and didnt have time to run it to lfs. They were about to touch rocks i didnt want them on. So i had to chuck them. Made me feel guilty seeing as corals are going extint in nature. Does anyone else feel guilty doing this? Should i even care?
I have not had to do that yet, but absolutely it would! When that time comes I will need to plan the trimming strategically so I can run the cut offs to a store. I will not be able to just pitch them. :anguished-face:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back