Drink choice

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That dang headache now. It seems like yesterday I could drink the bar, get 4 hours of sleep, wake up and run 5 miles, work all day, then start all over again. Getting old sucks.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0932.JPG

just got that for Christmas

it's really good stuff, but i consider there to be several that are right on par with it
There’s a few home brew clone kits for that one and I’ve been contemplating making it. What would you consider on par?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a few home brew clone kits for that one and I’ve been contemplating making it. What would you consider on par?

Port Brewing Mongo
Knee Deep Hoptologist
Firestone Walker Double Jack (they inexplicably stopped brewing this years ago, but i heard they started again)
Bear Republic Racer X
Stone Enjoy By

probably a few more too. what RR does that's so ingenious is they don't brew much of it and make it hard as heck to get. you can't get it from bevmo or something like that, so there's this crazy allure to it. meanwhile i can find some of the others at my local grocery store

Fishtheatre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weller 12 is a fine drink anytime of the day. I also like craft beer and dabble in all the styles but my go to would be a simple stout, doesn’t have to be barrel aged. I like Everett by Hill Farmstead out of VT.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to pop this local brew open and watch Watchmen

image.jpg
About to pop this local brew open and watch Watchmen

image.jpg
where is that from? I’m curious about that marshmallow flavor in it. I’m all onboard with everything else, but wondering about that one. I can see how a toasted marshmallow flavor would compliment the others.

Fishtheatre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where is that from? I’m curious about that marshmallow flavor in it. I’m all onboard with everything else, but wondering about that one. I can see how a toasted marshmallow flavor would compliment the others.

Sipping on it now. It’s ok. From J. Wakefield brewing out of Miami, Fl. I’d probably prefer toasted marshmallow and coconut too. The marshmallow obviously gives it a candy sweetness. Perhaps some vanilla flavor. overly sweet. The beer also is under carbed in my opinion. And the rest of the flavors are dominated by how boozy and strong the bourbon barrel aging is. But at 12% it’s getting better with every sip. Needs to warm up a bit

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 8 bottles. Where do you live it’s easy to get in TN

which pappy bottles do you have? It’s also hard to get in Ohio because of our laws. I’ve had the 23 before which is the one awarded in an auction. Was good. But George T Stagg and Weller WL are personal favorites for me.

corey

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Macallan - Speyside Single Malt at least 12 year's old.

No, it ain't cheap, but I just spent 70 bucks on a box of salt so it's all relative.

download.jpeg
Yeah, this isn’t really a forum of misers. I imagine if folks here dropping $300 on lighting a 10 gallon tank, there’s no issue dropping some scrilla on a bottle of booze.
contradiction is a great bourbon. I also really enjoy mid winter dram and William Larue
with a Zino cigar or Man O’ War.

corey
i haven’t had a cigar in years, but I used to love pairing a Gurkha Ninja and Four Roses Single Barrel.

OP
OP
Redfoxtang

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 8 bottles. Where do you live it’s easy to get in TN
I travel to Nashville regularly that’s where i normally can grab a bottle. Also have customers in the pikeville Kentucky area.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, this isn’t really a forum of misers. I imagine if folks here dropping $300 on lighting a 10 gallon tank, there’s no issue dropping some scrilla on a bottle of booze.

i haven’t had a cigar in years, but I used to love pairing a Gurkha Ninja and Four Roses Single Barrel.

Very Close, just need to add another zero on that $300. ;). I think this hobby is what drove me to drinking.

OP
OP
Redfoxtang

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like my bourbon or whisky but on the rare occasion I have a beer it's this.

maxresdefault.jpg
Where did you snag that from? Curious how that taste!!

Back