Ecotech Coral Lab Radion Settings - Who is seeing Acro growth with Radions?

Are you using Radions alone and seeing growth?

• No, I have added T5s

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • No, I have added Halides

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • No, surviving but little growth

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • No, but good coloration

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Yes, I'm seeing both great growth and great coloration

Votes: 68 64.8%

• Total voters

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All input is welcome and I thank you. I only had the light a few months still trying to find the sweet spot. I switched from a kessil a160

do your test, all system are different. get data to support your change dont jsut guess based based on some reading on the net.

OP
OP
filbie70

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Results from the voting so far. Words of wisdom to those that are just seeing surviving? Personally, my Milli's are struggling. I am seeing growth and coloration in all but my Milli's. Does anyone know if they are typically a deep water? I am considering dropping them down in the tank to get them from the high PAR. Since I have sticks coming, I dropped my intensity down to 45% and will ramp back to 60%. I think need to get the wide angles.

1. No, I have added T5s
    1 vote(s)
    7.7%

2. No, I have added Halides
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

3. No, surviving but little growth
    3 vote(s)
    23.1%

4. No, but good coloration
    1 vote(s)
    7.7%

5. Yes, I'm seeing both great growth and great coloration
    8 vote(s)
    61.5%

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Results from the voting so far. Words of wisdom to those that are just seeing surviving? Personally, my Milli's are struggling. I am seeing growth and coloration in all but my Milli's. Does anyone know if they are typically a deep water? I am considering dropping them down in the tank to get them from the high PAR. Since I have sticks coming, I dropped my intensity down to 45% and will ramp back to 60%. I think need to get the wide angles.

1. No, I have added T5s
    1 vote(s)
    7.7%

2. No, I have added Halides
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

3. No, surviving but little growth
    3 vote(s)
    23.1%

4. No, but good coloration
    1 vote(s)
    7.7%

5. Yes, I'm seeing both great growth and great coloration
    8 vote(s)
    61.5%

i also strugle with the mili i have.. only one frag... and i will not get other milli in my system.. growth sucks

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too see much slower growth with the mille I have as well compared to the acros.
Here's another shot of the one acro from before, found it in some other shots with the mille.. The pic on the right is during a "storm", probably 10k sprectrum iirc?

This is 9-25-2016 to 12-26-2016

MilleAcro.png

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried the AB program, just try today. My previous program with my Radion provide good growth for the Acros, but color seems fading, intensity is at 65%. any idea? medium fish load , not overfeedinf. alk around 7.5-8.5, Ca 450, Mg at 1,400. my plating red and purplish monti grows super fast, pink lemonade and bunch other sticks grow great, but the purple stick becomes brownish

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the std lens, gen 3 Pro

my opinion is 65% with std lense... will give pretty intense hot spot. i used to run mine at 45% and increased intensity to 100% with the wide lense. I just decrease to 75% to see if i can gain some more color on some of the acro i have. at 100% one of my friends, long time reefer, suggested to try.

Flyingbulldog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
first pic for coloration (view from one end of the tank).
PC110582.JPG
as for growth and coloration:
1. A little green frag of Apple Jack from July to now
P8080005.JPG PC110567.JPG

2. Red Diablo from Sept to now:
Red Diablo (1).JPG PC110569.JPG

Radion grow corals and do have awesome colorations. i use Coral lab SPS AB+, maintain Alk around 8.2-8.3, Ca at 450, Mg at 1200. i don't test for N and P. supplement fauna marin Color element.
i could post pic of all my SPS, growth is good.

Wow really nice growth! How high is your lights from the water? And how deep is your tank?

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first pic for coloration (view from one end of the tank).
PC110582.JPG
as for growth and coloration:
1. A little green frag of Apple Jack from July to now
P8080005.JPG PC110567.JPG

2. Red Diablo from Sept to now:
Red Diablo (1).JPG PC110569.JPG

Radion grow corals and do have awesome colorations. i use Coral lab SPS AB+, maintain Alk around 8.2-8.3, Ca at 450, Mg at 1200. i don't test for N and P. supplement fauna marin Color element.
i could post pic of all my SPS, growth is good.

Nice iphone photos. Wish my iphone can give me such a nice photo like that

Flyingbulldog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Wow... Ive been running mine at 40% under the SPS AB+ program and wondering why I haven't been getting good colour. I think I may slowly ramp mine up one the next few months (up to 80% one the next 4 weeks) to see if it makes a difference. I also have some MP40's, which I have been runningup to 50% - therefore I won't change that. Thanks for the reply. I'll take some pictures now and see if there is any growth change by end of Feb/March. Seems like our feeding schedule is also similar - however I'm also running zeovit.

Nice tank by the way!
Any update on the color of the corals at 80%?
do your test, all system are different. get data to support your change dont jsut guess based based on some reading on the net.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yup, i did not see an impact on growth and some of the corals really got a boost on colors, green poped way more on my hoeksemai. on wild colony was yellowish.. turn bright green phosphorescent. ill try to do pre and post picture. but no time tonight jsut received a sick order!! :p

Flyingbulldog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
No worries. I thought you're at 100%? Did you bring it down to 80? Also, the shipment is coming from Toronto

rick_farr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have STD lenses, so I slowly ramped up mine to 55%. Even with this small increase I have seen some colour improvement.

I am reluctant to go any higher yet without a PAR meter as I will probably get hot spots.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Reefer 350 and using 2 x XR30, I use 51% for my peak and so far my acros are happy and growing. I tried increasing it to 65% and I am seeing red slime on my sands

Flyingbulldog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Yup, i did not see an impact on growth and some of the corals really got a boost on colors, green poped way more on my hoeksemai. on wild colony was yellowish.. turn bright green phosphorescent. ill try to do pre and post picture. but no time tonight jsut received a sick order!! :p
We need a FTS ;-)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back