EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Tridents may not be sold on R2R above MSRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Rules are rules so deal with it. If you don't like it then don't use the forums

2. The few bad apples are ruining it for people just trying to get rid of their excess and this is the best of the worst options to keeping people from getting gouged

You all are crying way too much. Honestly it feels like some of you are just sitting there holding your breath because someone did something that you didn't agree with

Again, rules are rules. If you don't like it then take your participation trophy and go elsewhere

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Thanksgiving R2R!
Who is having fish for dinner?

I once made oyster stuffing for Thanksgiving. The brother in law was like "There's fish in this?" I keep it traditional now.....even down to the "can berry" sauce which dad prefers over the fancy cranberry concoctions.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a true capitalist.. I was hesitant here, but-

Part of our wonderful capitalism society is the right to buy / sell whatever you want for whatever you want....

***The other part of our free market is the right of businesses to regulate their own systems. True capitalist appreciate this.

R2R is technically a private company and has the right to enforce their own rules within their system.

That is still the very definition of capitalism.

Agree or not, it's their right. Go sell on another forum.

R2R made a decision to keep "scammers" and the likes out of the community. They would like to keep a family friendly forum not turning into the likes of another Saltwater Forum that we will not mention, since that place went to a dark place and we are all here because of that.
- remember.

Think about why most left the other forums?
- chaos.

As a open- free market person, I have to agree with this R2R policy ENFORCEMENT, as it keeps us to our true forum ethics, again, it's their business and responsibility to keep this place clean.

Quit comparing equipment to corals selling. This particular case is guaranteed to be a one off, as Neptune %$#@. Unless the powers to be successfully regulate live animals and slap MSRP on them, you truly can't, nor is there a way to regulate price for coral.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once made oyster stuffing for Thanksgiving. The brother in law was like "There's fish in this?" I keep it traditional now.....even down to the "can berry" sauce which dad prefers over the fancy cranberry concoctions.
I use foie gras in stuffing... until it's outlawed here in NYC...

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Happy-Thanksgiving-.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely disgusting. Insinuating a pet forum should be ran like wall street or with the mind of a Corporate raider is highly non motivating for this “hobby”

I didnt suggest (at all) that R2R was 'wrong'. I didnt suggest that the site should be run like Wall Street. I was making a specific comment that this is capitalism. No more no less - as @robbyg said - 'not all capitalism is good'. As@terrence said - it seems to me the problem is at the level where people are allowed to purchase more than one unit at a time - or how are they exactly getting all these units?

Last edited:

Dine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a true capitalist.. I was hesitant here, but-

Part of our wonderful capitalism society is the right to buy / sell whatever you want for whatever you want....

***The other part of our free market is the right of businesses to regulate their own systems. True capitalist appreciate this.

R2R is technically a private company and has the right to enforce their own rules within their system.

That is still the very definition of capitalism.

Agree or not, it's their right. Go sell on another forum.

R2R made a decision to keep "scammers" and the likes out of the community. They would like to keep a family friendly forum not turning into the likes of another Saltwater Forum that we will not mention, since that place went to a dark place and we are all here because of that.
- remember.

Think about why most left the other forums?
- chaos.

As a open- free market person, I have to agree with this R2R policy ENFORCEMENT, as it keeps us to our true forum ethics, again, it's their business and responsibility to keep this place clean.

Quit comparing equipment to corals selling. This particular case is guaranteed to be a one off, as Neptune %$#@. Unless the powers to be successfully regulate live animals and slap MSRP on them, you truly can't, nor is there a way to regulate price for coral.
1. 100% agree their forum their rules.
2. disagree that these people are scammers. Selling something for it’s true value is not scamming.
3. and I checked out the “other” place for the first time last night in a long time. I’m far from ready to head Back at this point BUT decisions like this worry me.
4. other then blanket bans I don’t think you can regulate this either. And blanket bans hurt the members more then the flippers. If I want a trident now I have to go to the “other” place to get it. How is it in this sites best interest to send me to that other place, what if I decide to stay?

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are becoming more available. I got one last week BRS and Saltwateraqurium.com seems to be getting them more often now. This is a great decision. Hats off to the R2R officers making this decision. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone on R2R!

Manny Tavan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you do the same thing with gold torch corals. I want prices to go back to Pre ban MSRP :)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!! Hope you all have an amazing day celebrating the blessings you've been given!! :)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price point for this supply and demand curve was wrong, and the free market is correcting that. Regardless of the circumstances, there are currently people selling this product at a price higher than that of the manufacturer..which clearly means the manufacturer left $$ on the table.

No that is absolutely wrong!

A company knows ahead of time roughly how much product they need to make in order to support the expected demand and using the manufacturing and distribution processes costs they calculate the finished price and then add on their typical profit for the product give or take a few percentage points. That is how the wholesale price is derived. They know that at first there will always be shortages as manufacturing tries to keep up with the initial sales.
In America a new breed of people have developed that take advantage of these release shortages and exploit it for their own gain. This exploitation actually creates an even worst shortage and as the underground market growths the length of time it takes for the company to get ahead on the production curve is lengthened and this in turn gives the company a bad name and also allows the underground market to thrive a lot longer than normal.

Luckily people and distribution centers are waking up to this scheme and are starting to take action against this happening.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt suggest (at all) that R2R was 'wrong'. I didnt suggest that the site should be run like Wall Street. I was making a specific comment that this is capitalism. No more no less - as @robbyg said - 'not all capitalism is good'. Aw @terrence said - it seems to me the problem is at the level where people are allowed to purchase more than one unit at a time - or how are they exactly getting all these units?
Capitalism or whatever it is. It’s something so simple. It’s a forum rule. Collectively decided upon by the staff.

That doesn’t mean every single staff member agreed 100% but the majority did. I can’t believe this thread and some of the comments. Some of the False accusations are almost comical.

I have no problem with people making money. It’s what makes the world go round. It was just decided that they wouldn’t be sold here on this site for more than MSRP. I’d assume most of the people complaining about it were the ones trying to capitalize off of the elevated demand with the short supply.

Patience is a virtue, I waited until I could get one at MSRP. If one doesn’t want to wait and wants to pay more for one for convenience I’m ok with that but moving forward they will have to do so outside of R2R.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Capitalism or whatever it is. It’s something so simple. It’s a forum rule. Collectively decided upon by the staff.

That doesn’t mean every single staff member agreed 100% but the majority did. I can’t believe this thread and some of the comments. Some of the False accusations are almost comical.

I have no problem with people making money. It’s what makes the world go round. It was just decided that they wouldn’t be sold here on this site for more than MSRP. I’d assume most of the people complaining about it were the ones trying to capitalize off of the elevated demand with the short supply.

Patience is a virtue, I waited until I could get one at MSRP. If one doesn’t want to wait and wants to pay more for one for convenience I’m ok with that but moving forward they will have to do so outside of R2R.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

FYI - I was never aware of this - or that it was an issue. It seems like a reasonable policy - even if I didnt - its R2R policy'.

I put a post in the lounge about the topic of 'fairness in pricing'. Not to debate this rule - but discuss the broad issue which seems to come up commonly in many coral threads, sale threads, etc. which is 'what is 'fair', what is 'price gouging', etc.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for all the input everyone. There will be no end to the debate. At this time we feel it best to close this thread.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since sellers do incur costs when selling (i.e. shipping, PayPal fees, etc.), this rule is updated to state that sellers may still ask that buyers cover shipping and handling in addition to the MSRP. Those fees should be kept to reasonably expected costs associated with selling and shipping the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back